Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Objects of Desire

I have been snipping and filing
and somehow I have managed to mix everything up! 
So today, we have a little bit of this and a little bit of that. 
I guess that is pretty much how most of my posts run ;)
Any objects here that you would desire?
a
It is hard to single out one object here. 
The yellow urn at the entry, the magnificent glass door, 
the amazing lighting features above, the beautiful bowl 
on the table...the list goes on. 


I love seeing objects stacked in neat order.
It brings out the Virgo in me!


It is all balanced so beautifully.
I like it just the way it is!

Can this be anymore spectacular?
Imagine the view by day.
Imagine the area lit by candlelight at night.

I am imagining a cozy fire on a summers night 
with just a slight chill in the air and a light sweater over the shoulders.
I know, I am getting carried away, but I can't help myself!

I think I would place this under a tree looking out to the garden. 
How about you?


Perhaps under Van Gogh's trees looking out onto this graceful beauty.
(PS..more on this painting at Finding My Way)

Images 1-6 via Veranda 
Image 7 via RA 

14 comments:

  1. What beautiful images - I'll take one of everything thanks!
    Kerri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - We can have lunch on the balcony, and meet at the fireplace for a glass of wine. When shall I book my trip? I love these finds, Jeanne.
    Best,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, I think to catch that light chill in the air we will have to meet in September. Although I am sure anyone from this area is laughing at me right now...as they think I am dreaming and can expect a light chill every night. In that case, come along any time...I will light the fire and have the wine chilled:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose wanting the Van Gogh would be a bit greedy of me, so I'd request the big arrangement of hydrangeas on the bedside table. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour Jeanne,
    I love that - a little of this and a little of that. That's exactly how my brain works most of the time. The fireplace and that mountain view are the perfect this 'n that for me! Let's meet under the garden tree!
    I did a little post about the Happy award you shared with me; Thanks again,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all gold, Jeanne! I have to say, what I desire most from these images are the super high ceilings. They really are spectacular. Meredy xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the serenity of the interiors. And that fireplace should be in my back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jeanne
    Besides the Van Gogh.. I would love those views of the sea from my bedroom and balcony!!! Could you order that up for me?? heheh.. xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That outdoor fireplace... I was having a little root touch-up yesterday and my stylist and I had the longest conversation about outdoor fireplaces~ We seem to be running into them everywhere. The next conversation will go something like this..."Honey, I've been thinking-" and then perhaps a little eye-roll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The door is absolutely beautiful - that's definitely my choice please! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Jeanne,
    I LOVE the big lanterns, the bedside table and, that view with the beauiful medieval-looking chandelier is and will remain a dream !! ....and taking the inside out with that magnificent fireplace would be heaven. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I'd do for that outdoor porch or fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would go for the yellow urn or the virgo stack ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love that outdoor fireplace. But you made me laugh with the stacked rocks. I'm not a Virgo but I have a very good friend who is...yep, she'd be rock stacking right along with you!

    ReplyDelete

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

BROWN PAPER BOOK CLUB @ Collage of Life