13 May 2012

Mother and Daughter... by the sea


If you are like me,
you may often wonder where some of your interests/traits come from. 
Your mother, father, grandmother, great aunt... I like to think that
I have the best of all of them. I have been thinking about this a lot lately.
I catch myself saying things or doing things and then smiling as I remember...

Like laughter.
Sounds of laughter. 
I noticed lately that I sound just like my mother.
I catch myself wondering how that happened.
I think of her every time I laugh...and it makes me laugh even more.
My mother laughs a lot and many times at herself... I do too.



I have developed a love for hats...
Mr. H and my kids might call it an obsession.
I blame it on my mother. She has a great hat collection...an enviable one.
I have been working on my collection for as long as I can remember.
(BTW these are nostalgic photos of me as the little one in my arms is off to college in September.)


My mother and her hat along the Atlantic Ocean.

I even remember my first hat.

Me and my first hat on the Mediterranean sea. (70's)

My mother has a gift, she is a talented artist. 
This is one trait of hers that I always wished I had.
I know for certain, that her gift was not passed on to me, 
but I try all the same. :)

My mother's interpretation of the sea (Atlantic).


My interpretation of the sea (Pacific). 


My mother, laughter, art, hats and the sea.
All perfect to me!


Sending a big hug and wishes 
for a Happy Mother's Day to my mother.

Best wishes to you for a wonderful day..
Happy Mother's Day!!

Jeanne xx


16 comments:

  1. Hello Jeanne

    A beautiful tribute to a stunningly beautiful and talented artist. I love her painting style and you, Jeanne,have captured the colour and movement of the Pacific. Please keep painting.

    The image of you on the Med is just beautiful. Did you model?

    Happy Mother's Day again (I know you already celebrated in England more than a month ago)

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your mother is going to love this! I find myself most like my father's mother. We called her Grandma Snoop...I'm too sure why. The older I get I feel like her little expressions just come out. Oh...BTW, we were out in Portland, and the neighbor's daughter will be attending Dickinson! I thought of your daughter. She is from Lake Oswego, OR if they chance to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Jeanne.
    I think I'll wear a hat tomorrow!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day to you Jeanne and your mother. You have a beautiful mom! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanne,

    Happy Mother's Day to you across the ocean! I hope that you have been enjoying your weekend and that you have not let your tasks overwhelm you, although I can certainly see how they could.

    I love this post! I think often how much I am like my mother and my grandmother, and I love that I have some of their best traits, their compassion, their faith, their love of family and of course baking!

    I miss my mother...but will see her in a few months. I wish I could spend the day with her and my sisters...

    I think that Jeanne that you are mistaken, perhaps you did not inherit your mother's style of painting but your interpretation is beautiful non the less, very modern.

    Take care and have a wonderful day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mothers day dear Jeanne, love your special moments and thoughts shared here, with love from South Africa - Colette

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post. Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post, Jeanne. It made me realize that although I am a bit sad not to be with my Mom today, I have so many of her traits in me so she is not so far away after all!

    Happy Mother's Day to you!

    PS. I agree with the other's, I like your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Jeanne

    What a beautiful post - your mother sounds a wonderful person - laughter is so important in life.

    BONNE FÊTE DES MÈRES!!
    This is the title of the post I've just posted - come and have a look as I've invited all my blogging friends to lunch with me in Paris!!!
    PLUS I've sent you all a wonderful bouquet of exquisite peonies - something we can't grow here in Auckland - not cold enough!

    Only 3 weeks until I'll be in France with my darling girls!
    love
    Shane oxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. .. what an absolutely charming tribute to your mom ... you always so perfectly capture the moment ... thanks for being there .. Happy Mother's Day ... (yes, I pass the mirror and occasionally see my mother, I miss her, so it's a welcome and not so welcome thing.) ... Karen in CT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the memories (yours; and I love the hats! Your interpretatin of the Pacific is right on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely pictures to remember your sweet mom. And I would love to hear the list your four kids would make ... of ways they are like you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeanne.... A lovely post to your mother. You are so fortunate to still have your mother with you. I have to say I often look in the mirror and think I am looking at my mother, or I will say something and realize I am repeating something my mother might have said. I hope you had a lovely day. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Jeanne, I choked up at this beautiful post. Love your mum, your hats and all those pics of both of you. So precious..Carla xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your Mmm had a gorgeous day... and didn't miss you too much.... The photographs are wonderful ... and I can vouch. you look just the same... xv

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Jeanne. I loved the photos of you and your mother.

    ReplyDelete

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

BROWN PAPER BOOK CLUB @ Collage of Life