The Christmas Card: which one?







Is it me or this year just flying by? It's time to jump in and get that Christmas card ordered or in my case, the Christmas postcard. Last year I didn't have my act together (traveling) and the year before you helped me make the decision here. So, I am asking again, because I always value your opinion!

You choose, 1-7, which is your favorite?

While I am at it, seeing that it will be a postcard and many of you know how much I love postcards...

Would you like one?

Comment with your favorite photo number and say YES to a postcard or find me in your usual fashion... Instagram, Facebook, around town..or by email jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

If you received a postcard from me in the past, just say so, you are still on my list. :)

Thank you kindly!!!

Jeanne xx











One last thing...

My friend Beth sent me this poem for 
our Poetry Trail. I love it on so many
levels and thought you might too.

On Children

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

You strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backwards nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves
also the bow that is stable. 

By Kahlil Gibran

I have read this many times and each time
I take away something new.
Thank you Beth!

Comments

  1. Good evening Jeanne, I love them all but am torn between 1 and 7. I would love a pos card! By the way, I have received several post cards from you over the years and because of you I have been sending post cards to people for the last year with quotes on them.

    Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 & 3 favorites. The grace and simplicity of the tree contrast against the stonewalls, growth, possibilities, capture my imagination. An adorable confident sheep strolling through the snow melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanne! I am also a postcard sender and collector! I'm always looking for them during my travels and I have many which were sent to me by friends who know I love them. I use them as bookmarks or stick them on the inside of cupboard doors to remind me of the sender. Please add me to your list! I love your photo #1 (actually love them all!), as this sheep looks to me as if he is hurrying to take his place at the Nativity.
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. 4 and please, I would like a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6 is my favorite. And, yes, I would love a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all dear Jeanne but would have to say #1 for the sweet sheep strutting through the landscape,
    or #5 because it looks so beautiful and different from when I stood in that same spot this past summer!
    I'm on your list and would love a card as always - if you have time in this busy season ahead.
    As for the poem - OMG - I'm printing it right now and will definitely be reading it over and over as
    those words are beyond amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #7 is my favourite but all are beautiful. If possible I too would love to receive a postcard..thank you xx Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all but especially #6 showing the beautiful view of your place...I'm on your list and would love a postcard. Thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I left my comment on IG but have to say that sheep is growing on me 😊 I've read that poem a few times. It's beautiful and so true. I too can't believe it's almost Christmas. This is my favourite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jeanne,
    Love #7 !!! Picture perfect!
    I have been on your postcard list since your first one! I treasure each one :)
    Sincerely,
    Gwendolyn Miranda St John Valiente

    ReplyDelete
  11. All these beautiful photos, but the quiet magnificent grandeur of #4 really caught my breath! Whatever you choose, you cannot lose....all are wonderful. I don't recall if you previously sent me a postcard but I think you did. The older I get, the fuzzier are some of the better details....God bless! And such a lovely poem.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I'm new to your blog. I like number 2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I would love a Christmas postcard. Love them all but #3 is my favorite... so serene and beautiful....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts