Sharing the LOVE…creative souls #18


I am sharing the love today for fellow writers and photographers who live in my neck of the woods. By woods, I mean the ones in New Hampshire. For those of you who may not be aware, 'Tahilla Farm' is located in the woods of New Hampshire, a state in the New England region of the Northeastern United States. It is a state I am learning to love, not only for the land but for the community and spirit of the creative souls in the region. 

I'd like to share the love for a two local writers and photographers today as I have a feeling, if you do not know them already, you will enjoy discovering them. 


Joseph Valentine Garden Photography

Joseph Valentine,  a country gardener 



I have told the "story of Joe" many times on my blog for it was Joe and a wonderful reader, Lisa, who led me to Tahilla Farm. We all met through Collage of Life and I will be forever grateful that we did. 

Joe has just launched a new website, Joseph Valentine Garden Photography, featuring his stunning photography and his blog, Notes from Juniper Hill. His blog is.. "The diary of a country gardener. thoughts, journeys, musings, ramblings, rants, raves and occasional drivel- with a horticultural twist." 

I can tell you that finding a favourite photograph amongst Joe's galleries is next to impossible…they are all works of art. I couldn't resist the beautiful aliums below…especially on this very cold winter's night. Read along on his blog, follow him on Facebook and or Twitter and you will not be disappointed. Promise!





Sarah Kenny @ Thyme




Sarah recently heard the call of the wild woods and moved her family from Texas to New Hampshire. She is a resourceful and talented woman who loves cooking, travel, photography and writing. All of her interests are beautifully featured in her photography portfolio and blog,ThymeSomething I particularly love is a video she created from her recent trip to Florence. It's a must view..here







Sarah's journey has just begun. She is in the throws of finding the perfect property in New Hampshire…and may have found it. I am sure that it will be a beautiful journey from beginning to end. You can follow Sarah on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and her blog. Be sure to pour a cup of tea or coffee before you do, you will want to stay a while. Enjoy!



Between the woods and frozen lake…

We are packing our bags for the next stop before returning to Vietnam next week. The visit to Tahilla was productive but too short. We will return in June to a different landscape, warmer weather and a whole new view of Tahilla Farm. I am already counting the days...  
Stopping by woods…Tahilla Farm


Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

by Robert Frost, 1923
a past New Hampshirite

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.



And miles to go before I sleep…Tahilla Farm


WIth thanks for your very kinds words on my last post. So glad to see so many of us on the same wave length. 

With that…signing off


February 20, 2015
28 Day Writing Challenge, #18
From the hearth side
New England time


28 Day Writing Challenge
Posts to Date

click on title to read




Comments

  1. Bon voyage Jeanne, indeed your time here was too short. The snowshoeing will have to wait until next year. Safe travels to you and Peter, it sure will be quite the contrast returning to Ho Chi Minh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful blogs to read
    Happy Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like HIS LOOK will definitely follow HIS BLOG and well.........FIRENZE YOU know I lived there for 3 years that were the MOST MAGICAL of all my 54 years of LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!Off I go to sign up to BOTH!
    SAFE TRAVELS.................XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy both blogs Elizabeth!! :)

      Delete
  4. Jeanne, your photos are the perfect accompaniment to Stopping By Woods - one of Frost's most memorable poems. I love visiting his farm but have only been in Summer. NH is so beautiful year round - sadly though I just don't know that I could spend Winters up there any longer - it's cold enough here in NC and our teeth have been chattering for over a week with the ice storm!

    Off to visit Joe and Sarah now - thanks for sharing them with us.
    Stay warm - Mary X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary…I will put Robert Frost's Farm on my summer list. Great idea! Hope you have had a lovely weekend…by a roaring fire? All the best…xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Ma' Lady! Thank you for that wonderful mention and for introducing me to more loyal followers (and, I count myself among those) of your terrific blog! I have to say, you are one courageous blogger with this 28-day writing challenge but each new post has been like a little portal into that adventurous life of yours! I always say that you couldn't have picked a better name for your blog. Your life is truly one exciting and interesting "collage" and I thank you so much for sharing it with all of us! Safe travels back home! Cheers, Joe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Joe! Great catching up, if only for a long lunch. I look forward to the summer months and the opportunity to "chat and weed" again. Hold that thought…spring will be here before you know it. (says she who is flying to a warmer climate tomorrow)… :)

      Delete
  6. I am enjoying your daily posts so much, and this one really resonates with me (out here in snow-deprived Oregon). I've long wanted to live in Vermont or New Hampshire at some point, and this post makes me want to move there today! One question: if you are an outdoors person, is there any way to protect yourself from Lyme Disease (which two of my New Hampshire/Vermont friends have been afflicted with...to devastating effects) other than by inspecting every square inch of your body for ticks after every time outside and hoping that you have seen and extracted any tick that is there? Enjoy those glorious snow views and blue skies/safe flights back to Vietnam, Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts