The Keeping Room and The Studio



On this winter day....

"And the world cannot be discovered 
by a journey of miles, 
no matter how long, 
but only by a spiritual journey, 
a journey of one inch, 
very arduous and humbling and joyful, 
by which we arrive at the ground at our own feet, 
and learn to be at home."  

Wendell Berry



 It's been a weekend of quiet shifting at Tahilla Farm, 
from the brightest corners to the darkest.

I recently decided to create a new space for the keeping room
in the old section of our house. What was once a sitting room
is now a dining/ library space. 


So far I am loving the flow and the ability to shift
a very crowded room into a more open space in our 
recently renovated carriage house.

Baskets have been carted from one building to the next (by me)
as I methodically set up bookshelves in my studio.

The books in this basket are extra special 
as they were both gifted and recommended to me 
over the years by readers.





It's early days and it will take time to settle 
but that is the beauty of winter,
the time to reflect and create.

A dining table purchased during our days living in New Zealand
has been gathering dust for the past four years in our basement.
I am thrilled to see it finding a home in the studio.
It is one of two desks..the one to spread out on.




Today, the light cast a different shadow as a winter storm front moved in.
I love that it is cozy and warm on these bitter cold days.





I will be back with expanded views of the 
carriage house as I settle in...now long now.
I am thrilled to say that!

Wishing you a lovely day!

Jeanne xx


"You are the books you read, 
the movies you watch, 
the music you listen to, 
the people you spend time with, 
the conversations you engage in. 
You are what you take from these. 
You are the sound of the ocean, 
the breath of fresh air, 
the brightest with and the darkest corner. 
You are a collective of every experience 
you have had in your life. 
You are every single day. 
So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge 
and existence.
 Let the words run through your veins 
and let the colors fill your mind."

Jac Vanek



Comments

  1. The piece by Jac Vanek is amazing - thank you for the intro.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Jeanne. You capture the essence of winter, the hibernating and reflective quality of the days. And the poetry is wonderful. Love watching your farm take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful space Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty!!! I am linking to your blog and book group in my next post as a few of my readers recommended you. So nice to find you!
    www.classiccasualhome.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts