The Christmas Card Photo...which one do you like?



I am the first to say no, no, no when it comes to seeing Christmas decoration in stores in October. So it  must seem odd that I am asking for your advice on picking a Tahilla Farm Christmas card photo in October. But I am. ;)

Once upon a time I went all out on Christmas cards, the perfect photo, the long Christmas address list, piles of domestic and international stamps and then the afternoons of writing and writing...until it all stopped. I think it did for many of us. The kids grew up, they scattered...and when you did get together, someone would always forget to take the group photo (me)...and then they were off again.

This year will be different. I will send a Christmas card... and not resort to the usual last minute email. I am going to send it the old fashioned snail mail way.

I have been searching for the perfect Tahilla Farm Christmas pic, spending the last two years getting out amidst the snow flakes to take a photo that says...Welcome to Tahilla Farm, come on in, take your boots off and stay awhile!

This is where I need your help. I have six photos, in no particular order. They have not been photoshopped and they may never get to that stage if life kicks up a few more notches. This could be as good as it gets.

I would love to know which one makes you smile, I am hoping at least one makes you feel like you would be happy to drop in and say hello. :)


If you see a pic you like, you can leave a comment with a number 
or write to me jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com 
You could also leave a number in the comment section
 of my TwitterInstagram or Facebook page. 
Any way that works for you works for me! 

They may all look alike (house and snow)
 but you will see 
that each is different.

Your choice?
Thank you!!!

To set the mood, 
a Grace Note from Francine in Quebec
have a listen..


















Your favorites to date, in order of preference:

#5
#6
#3
#4
#2
#1
  


For you, 
from me,
a favorite
by
Edgar A. Guest


When Friends Drop In


It may be old-fashioned, but the times I like the best
Are not the splendid parties with the women gaily dressed,
And the music tuned for dancing and the laughter of the throng,
With a paid comedian's antics or a hired musicians song,
But the quiet times of friendship, with the chuckles and the grin,
And the circle at the fireside when a few good friends drop in.

There's something 'round the fireplace that no club can imitate,
And no throng can ever equal just a few folks near the grate;
Though I sometimes like an opera, there's no music quite so sweet
As the singing of the neighbours that you're always glad to meet;
Oh, I know when they come calling that the fun will soon begin,
And I'm happiest those evenings when a few friends drop in.

There's no pomp of preparation, there's no style or sham or fuss;
We are glad to welcome callers who are glad to be with us,
And we sit around and visit or we start a merry game,
And we show them by our manner that we're mighty pleased they came,
For there's something real about it, and the yarns we love to spin,
And the time flies, Oh, so swiftly when a few good friends drop in.

Let me live my life among them, cheerful, kindly folks and true,
And I'll ask no greater glory till my time of life is through;
Let me share the love and favor of the few who know me best,
And I'll spend my time contented till my sun sinks in the west;
I will take what fortune sends me and the little I may win,
And be happy on those evenings when a few good friends drop in.

Edgar A. Guest
(1881-1959)


Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Jeanne xx

You can also find me...

Email: jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com
or 
out and about Sydney
:)

Comments

  1. 6, then 5. I love - really love - all the other photos, but they seem more suited to a framed photo. Do you by any chance and anything looking into a window with a fire blazing (in the hearth, or course, or looking in onto the dining table all set for dinner or mid-meal), i.e., something showing your house all ready for company? That- to me - would be more welcoming than the long distance looks at the house ... for a card. just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really good idea Webb. I am hosting a crowd for Thanksgiving this year, I will think about that before the stampede to the table. ;) Thank you for letting my know your favorites, will be keeping score at the bottom of the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All lovely pictures of your wonderful home! Funnily enough I think my favourite though is number 4! That glimpse of red through the tunnel of snowy trees - however I do think number 6 is probably the most festive for a Christmas card! Hope you are well Jeanne and enjoying life - Christmas probably can't come soon enough to be altogether with your family! Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanne — 5 and 6 v festive and cheery but I think 3 is so inviting and welcoming seeing the house lit up across the snowy fields. So I think that’s the one saying most clearly “come in and take your boots off”!
    All great photos
    Ceri x

    ReplyDelete
  5. No 3, the photo tells the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tough choices Jeanne. I'm vacillating between 5,6, and 3....in that order. That barn...with those wreaths, and lights is fantastic...but #3...with all the lights on in the house, says welcome. Then there's #6...the mailbox....festive! Have fun deciding! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. & All beautiful photos but favourites are: 3 & 4

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is HOW I REACTED!I even wrote them down as I knew I would forget.......
    1.NO
    2.Maybe
    3.GORGEOUS
    4.HMMM
    5.SLEIGH BELLS
    6.IT's YOU!
    SO, there YOU have my humble opinions!!!!!!!
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS..............this was the fastest YEAR of MY LIFE!Maybe because I haven't been feeling up to SNUFF.Who knows but this will get me going......I think THE PIG will be MY card this year......perhaps with an APPLE in his mouth if we can snap FAST ENOUGH before he eats it!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jeanne,

    All photos are excellent. My favourite is No. 4, =it has mystery. Then No. 3.

    Hope you have a wonderful week

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like 3 best. I like the lights on in the house, welcoming you home after a walk or snowshoeing in the woods and fields. Beckoning with a promise of the warmth of a fire, Christmas tree all aglow, smell of gingerbread cookies, hot chocolate or perhaps....a hot toddy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. 4,5,3,2,1,5. I like 4 the most because so much of your lives are in travel, that glimpse of arriving home stokes the heart with loving warmth. 5 is gorgeous, but doesn't have Home as much as 4, imho.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops, mixed up number 6 for 5. #5 is my 2nd favorite, and number 6 last.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeanne, although a distant photo, the lights in the window beckon in #3...my next choice would be #5.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  14. #2, because it has the most quintessential New England look...stone wall, barn, rambling farmhouse, smoke curling form the chimneys with the promise of warmth within...and a nice, clear image.
    #5 would be my second choice, because it's the most Christmas-y looking. But I very much prefer #2, as being more subtle, yet conveying the message of welcome you want.

    ReplyDelete
  15. #3 for me Jeanne, then #5 - all are lovely but those two really speak to me for their composition.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jeanne and lovely to see you back ... I really miss all of the blogging friends from a few years ago .... many have migrated to other social media sites.
    My favourite is No. 5. ..... so Christmassy .... snow, wreaths and Christmas red. Perfect
    I came across the postcards that you sent me the other day ...... I've kept them too !!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, I love that I get to vote! All wonderful pictures, but #3 is my favorite. It shows the house, and it looks so cozy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would say 5. I love the pop of red. I think red is always synonymous with Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a little late, but..... I vote for #6 and 5. I hope you have had a grand weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i think number 2 or number 6 would be lovely in print. and i love the grace notes <3.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 5 Hands down for me!
    Love
    Lizer Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  22. #5..... btw you could have taken that photo today!! first snow.. gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  23. #5 -- btw -- these photos could have been taken today! First snow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like #3. The light in the house add contrast to the blanket of snow.The lone tree on the left, the stones covered with snow and the red barn and the lighted house become a circle of warmth and colors.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 5, 6, 3, 4, 2, 1 they are all lovely but 5 is the winner for me. Enjoy choosing, Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts