Tweets and Chats


I have been spending a fair amount of time this week checking on the progress of the ash cloud over New Zealand and the earthquake tremors in Christchurch. The big questions around our house is "will she or won't she fly out on Friday night?" The New Zealand Herald and Qantas websites have had my full attention these past few days.

Every now and again, I drift onto other sites, find something interesting and post it onto my Twitter page and  Collage of Life Facebook page.  When I look back at them, I can see a snapshot of my week.  I was thinking that there might be something in it for you too....


 A snapshot, in Tweets and Chatter...
Tweeting On..
I came across a great book, 'Garden People, Valerie Finnis and The Golden Age of Gardening', here.
To this, I added my post on Gardening Style. You can check out the very chic women gardeners of yesteryear, here.
Do you have kids applying to USA colleges? Check out the insiders guide to college admissions, here.
If you love the idea of living in Paris, have a look at this book, here.
The Travel Bookshop in Notting Hill tweeted on 'The Independent's 50 Best Summer Reads', here.
I went shopping last weekend to a Midsummer Fair and came across some great finds, here.
I was glued to the BBC programme 'The Country House Revealed' the other night, check it out here.
If you read my last post, you will know that I am supporting the 1000 Schools for 1000 Girls initiative with the CCLEF, here.
Do you know where self confidence comes from? Read here.
Lastly, check out this great weekend bag, here.


Chats with Facebook friends..... 
My Facebook friends and I are having great chats about our favourite books. This week we have talked about, Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson, Educating Alice by Alice Steinbach, Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, The Paris Wife by Paula McLain and many more... you can join in, here.
Vivian wrote to recommend books from her Arts Book Club. She mentioned
'The Passion of Artemisia' and 'Luncheon of the Boating Party' both by Susan Vreeland.
You can read about both books and more, here.
A sigh of relief to see that others like my new Purple Paisley Palazzo Pants, here.
Sunflowers have been on my mind, if they are on yours as well, read here.
Going vertical in the garden was big talk at the Chelsea Flower Show? Learn how, here.


Phew!
How am I doing all this?
Via my iPad.
A delightful little invention.
Thank you Apple.
I love it so much, I bought it
a brand new travel cover.


My last little creation of the day was a few bits
and pieces to hang on my market basket.
A friend made Scrabble earrings for me
with my initials. I decided I would
enjoy them more seeing them everyday,
alongside my silver cross. 
:)


Off to check on that ash cloud again
and then pack.

Best wishes to one and all for a lovely weekend.
I will be reporting from Christchurch, New Zealand 
next week, with my iPad.
If you would like to follow me on Twitter and Facebook,
you can find links along my sidebar.
I would LOVE to have you join me!

 - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
images~me

Comments

  1. Well you know I'm going to check in on all the book suggestions and reviews. Have a safe trip. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Major Pettigrew's Last Stand :)
    Safe travels Jeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee, this is a blog post!!! :) Love all the book recommendations...I love Susan Vreeland's work and have read everything she's written.

    Safe travels Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, what a lot of intriguing links to follow. Best of luck with your travels. I hope that all natural disturbances stay in check!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope that you will get to go. Have a safe trip:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeanne
    Well sorry to hear about poor Christchurch ..'again'.. and the volcanic ash problems.. seems it is our end of the world turn at that event...

    Hope everything sorts itself out.. and hope you have a lovely weekend.. ciao xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeanne,
    oh, I see....now y o u`re going on a travel! :) Have a save flight and stay there, Jeanne! New Zealand....*sigh* wish I can visit this part of the world one day.
    I see, I`m still not *up to date*,I did not know that there`s a ash cloud over the land....:o

    Since I`m back from vacation times are very busy here.A german magazin asked me if I like to produce a little granny square for the next issue.Great news for me, but just have 2 weeks to do it...so, dear Jeanne I start your lovely wrap after that project.I know, I don`t have to worry, but maybe it`s the virgo part in me that wants to bring a promise into reality, finally...:/

    Sunny greetings from over the pond,
    Beate XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. However do you do it all? You must have an extremely QUICK mind!!!! I feel like a slug. But I'm OK with it :)

    What I liked most about this post is that ADORABLE set of Scrabble earrings that adorn your bag. Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to have mastered tweeting like you Jeanne, maybe I'll book myself in for a private lesson!! Have a very safe trip please, we'll all look forward to you being safely home
    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jeanne, what great links. I shall definitely check them out.

    I've been enjoying The Country House Revealed.

    I must follow you on Twitter although I rarely go on there. I would if I had an iPad! I'd love one. I might have to wait until Christmas.

    I hope all is well in Christchurch. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great snippets...something for everyone there!
    Good luck traveling with the ash cloud etc. Your life is such an amazing adventure...thanks for bring the rest of us along for the incredible journey! I'll look forward to your I-pad posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool, you will be closer than ever. Hope you get your flight okay, and that all as well as it can be in Christchurch...Hope you are well prepared for how things look down there. The whole country is reeling from another quake this week.

    Look forward to your posts..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So you got an iPad? It is a wonderful gadget and I wonder how I got along without it. My first efforts at doing a blog on it were a little iffy, but with a little practice that got better.
    It's always good to have book recommendations so thanks for those.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love all those links. Looking for a spare moment in my day to check them out. By the way, that is a very pretty iPad travel cover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts