Questions I ask myself...wild ones


Photo taken by Mrs. H...her first "tag-along" trip to Papua New Guinea

Could I be a wild woman warrior...again?
Feeling a touch of "wild woman warrior" coming my way. You know that feeling, when you decide to step things up, get it together and get on with it? My little pity party is coming to an end. I am realising that my children will survive without me, that tagging along with Mr. H for every trip might not be the best plan and actually...there is something to be said for taking  "time out" for a bit of self reflection. For me, this has involved watching nearly ALL the movies nominated for Best Picture and then some, reading a winter journal, a book on mindfulness and a garden party.  I could show you what my office looks like (paper tsunami) but I won't.  I am transitioning into organisation mode.  I have torn out page after page from the decorating magazines I have been dragging around from country to country. It is possible that our architect may never speak to me again...but all and all..it's been a productive pity party. Did I mention I am home alone? (Mr. H is in Chile) One week down, one to go. Can't wait to see what comes next...I will think about that tomorrow.



©Denise Dorrance, image from
dorranceweeklycartoon.wordpress.com
via

Did you hear, Blogger may be coming to an end?

WHAT?! You might say (as I did), could this be true? The rumour passed my way a few weeks ago. I have searched in vain via Ms. Google but she has not answered my question. Someone asked if I had backed up my posts, just in case their was a slip of the blogosphere and "POOF"...Blogger disappeared. WHAT?! We are talking 709 posts to be exact and not one is in any form other than what appears on Blogger.  I sit in a quandary over this one, where does one begin?  I will think about it tomorrow.



via

How will Mr. H adjust to the quiet life of a gentleman farmer in New Hampshire?
Speaking of blogs, my last post stirred up some interesting questions. One in particular got right to the heart of the matter. Judy asked...

After traveling the world for a good part of his life, how easy do you think it will be for Mr. H to settle down to the potentially somewhat quiet life of a gentleman farmer in New Hampshire? When a former colleague of mine retired from a career which had included, among other things, many years of living in the hubbub of Shanghai, he wanted nothing more than a quiet cabin in the wilds of North Georgia. Alas, it happened not to be what his wife wanted at all. Due to my retirement, I've lost communications with him, but I hope they came to a happy settlement and now enjoy the best of both city and country. :-)

I held my breath while reading Judy's comment, I shifted in my chair, I sighed. I read the comment to Mr. H, he smiled.. "You mean gentleman farmer vs. surfer dude".  This made me LAUGH out loud for he is NOT a surfer dude! Country gentleman vs. tropical gentleman is more like it. One step at a time my friends. I will think about it tomorrow.

via

Enough said on that...
Are you interested in a movie or two that are light and utterly charming? 
My fab friend, the divine Ms. Z from Sydney, suggested I watch English Vinglish, she promised I would love it and she was right. I only wish we could have watched it together. I was very sympathetic to the main character in this one, trying to speak and understand a foreign language in a foreign country. I totally got it...this movie is a lot of fun, a must watch.


View trailer here

From the creators of Love Actually, Notting Hill and Four Wedding and a Funeral...comes About Time. And it is about time...literally. After watching the The Dallas Buyers Club (superb) I decided I needed a lighter flick..this movie did the trick. Simply charming..



View trailer here

Ever wake up at 3:00am smiling and humming a tune? 
Listener beware...and that is all I am going to say on the matter!
Pharrell Williams sings Happy!




Performance at the Goroka Show in the Eastern Highlands Province
of Papua New Guinea, a sing-sing. 


I am HAPPY...how about YOU?

Comments

  1. Happy to read your wonderful post! Thank you
    I see you writing a wonderful book.

    As for Blogger retiring, I haven't heard. There are bloggers I've seen move their blog to Wordpress.com, but they were, I believe, career decisions. There are websites that will publish a blog to book form. Meanwhile, I'm off to see about back up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maywyn...I love the idea of putting the blog into a book. You have given me a great idea, thank you! ;)

      Delete
  2. Definitely happy!

    Don't understand that Blogger thing either. About six months ago "everyone" was saying that Blogger was going away and I needed to subscribe to BlogLovin or something else so that I could continue to read the posts i follow. I dutifully signed up for BlogLovin - which i do not like - and continue to read "my blogs" on Blogger. Either we are all a bunch of gullible sheep or i am too stupid to figure out what's going on. Third option ... you can't believe everything that you see on the Internet.

    Well, that didn't help the conversation much, did it? whatever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Webb...I am not a fan of BlogLovin either, just too many things to think about if you ask me! Agree...this rumour may be just that, I hope so! ;)

      Delete
  3. What do you think, dear Jeanne...am I the LAST person on the planet to hear "Happy"? I don't care if I am and thank you...I loved it! Impossible not to be happy listening to that... :)
    However, the possibility of "no more Blogger" has me a tiny, tiny bit worried!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOORAY! The woman who has excellent music taste..just discovered something new. So glad Heather, it has a great beat. Will keep you posted on the blogger front, so far I have not been able to turn up anything concrete. Let's hope it stays that way! xx

      Delete
  4. Loved this post! Especially the comic about the blog….I have said or at "least" thought that many times! I am in a very similar place….and the last month has called for much re-flection as Mercury Retrograde is Mother Natures way of forcing us to slow down and look within. My children have all but flown the nest, my husband is busy in as many projects as he can juggle and I have all lots of time to complete hobbies and art projects while I procrastinate still with my writing; waiting, waiting, waiting for my muse to appear.
    Thanks for the list of books and movies! Another diversion is always welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are two peas in a pod Kathleen, so happy to know that! ;)

      Delete
  5. p.s. Please find a new home for your blog. I love it! I heard someone said we can publish on Pinterest…..have no idea how tho :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes...I heard that too, something else to investigate. Perhaps we will find our creative muse there? ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm in the process of printing out my 5 years of blogging. If Blogger decides to jump ship, I'm OK with it :) Happy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You brave woman Becky...I think I will follow your lead. ;)

      Delete
  7. I'm about as happy as one can be right now, Jeanne, as I have a ticket for a return to the City of Light in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy...I am over the moon for you!! I sent you a message via email, not sure if you received it. I will keep you in mind as I add travel notes to my Pinterest file "Trave Notes". Not to much creativity on that one! ;)

      Delete
  8. Today YES, in answer to your question yesterday NO!
    Lets just leave it there……………..XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, there's a difference between "no longer supported" and "gone from the face of the planet:)" You can export your posts to Wordpress, I believe, but you'd need tech help. I migrated several years ago, but I've got a brother-in-law in IT support.

    I don't think your questions are wild at all - they seem wholly natural. But maybe I'm a wild one at heart:). Enjoy your time. It belongs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa...I have contemplated Wordpress several times and walk away because it looks like more work than I can handle. I am happy to do it if I can find the right person to help me. It is one of my New Year resolutions. I have seven more months... ;) Wild at heart is a good thing, I totally get it!

      Delete
  10. I am happy, and I love this post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that you're happy and that you take us along on a ride of happiness with you. I guess I'm happy too but I am also very restless; always feel like I should be doing something else or that I have somewhere else to go. Only the sea cures it. I'm in my forties and still trying to find myself. Isn't that sad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loree...I would not look at is sad but as an opportunity. If you read my journals over the years (I am 56), you would see a similar overriding theme. I always take that as a good sign, that I am still searching. Every once in a while, I hit on something and then go off searching again. The day I stop searching is the day I will start worrying. You are a creative spirit..the sea knows that too. xx

      Delete
  12. I am so happy today as far as tomorrow goes that will take care of it's self + haven't heard about blogging yet. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. …………….and if Blogger leaves us all high and dry (Google can be so cruel!) I'll just have the best excuse to become old fashioned all over again before I kick the bucket! Sharpening my pencils, buying up paper journals with pretty covers, and of course photo albums - can just about remember what they are, LOL!!!!!

    Happy (cute song) week Jeanne X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Mary! A couple of years ago I took all my photo out of my albums for fear that they would be destroyed by the type of albums I was using. Once they were out, I had a bigger problem on my hands...what to do with them all! I happened to be on mandatory bed rest at the time for six weeks. I spread them all out and categorized them, sorted them into large zip loc bags, labelled them and boxed them up. Not terrific to look at but boy is it easy to find what I am looking for! Let's hope Blogger keeps us busy for a while longer...I do not want to tackle that project again! xx

      Delete
    2. I did that too. Just created a bigger to do for myself that I have not quite overcome yet.

      Delete
  14. I have my blog posts printed into a book every year ... for that very reason.

    I love this post and I want to see both of those movies now.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling you mentioned the website to me once before Glenda...I will have to ask again. I hope you enjoy the movies. ;)

      Delete
  15. I guess just because this year started with Pharrell's song everywhere, i think this time we all should become some kind of warriors and fight for happiness. No, maybe not fight - enough of fighting - maybe more of making a decision to actually stay happy whatever comes and make yourself happy with your plans. Even if this plan means saying no to some things we are used to, or on the contrary, to leave our habits behind. And do not worry if it's accepted by others or not. As long as you do them no harm, you should get rid of expectations of others. And while talking about women warriors, there is one book that always comes to my mind - Running with the wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Wonderful study to every women's heart. Did you read it?

    Bisous from Poland.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts