Warm Wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving


I am sending Thanksgiving Greetings
to family and friends across the sea today.

It has been many years since we celebrated
a traditional American Thanksgiving.
Our thanks have been shared each November 
in the warm climates of Australia 
and New Zealand since 1999.

But today, on this very cold day, 
in Surrey, England
with forecasts of snow for the weekend
we are at it again.

Our day will be like any other with school 
and work with the exception of two busy beavers,
Miss Christine (D#1) and I who will be home 
whipping up a storm.

Today, thoughts have been given to setting the table. 
Plates, glasses, silver, flowers, candles and 
a few pumpkins and gourds to bring it all together. 
Miss Christine is a very good student.
Mom must be a good teacher :)

A few ideas for the table...




and the menu....
turkey, stuffing, mashed sweet potato, garlic potatoes, gravy and more...



with dessert to follow...pumpkin pie, apple pie and homemade vanilla ice cream.



There is nothing like children, 
with eyeswide open on Thanksgiving Day.
Some of my fondest memories were looks just like this.


For many kids. the preparation is often more fun than the meal.





and when the day is done, the dishes are washed
 and the exhilitation of the afternoon walk 
has passed, we rest. 


Reading, movies,
to each his own, 
it is time to relax
because...


 the busiest time of the year starts the next morning :)


To you and yours...I send my warmest 
wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving!
and to my friends outside of America,
best wishes for a wonderful day :)


Images: 1, 2, 3, 4-7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Comments

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving there in Surrey, and try to stay warm. We left London yesterday to spend Thanksgiving in Texas, where is it 80 degrees today. What a switch!!

    Giving thanks,
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous table settings and vignettes! I imagine coming to dinner at your house would be like this! Happy Thanksgiving to YOU!! (I'm cooking as we speak...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little munchkin is adorable...as are the tables settings and vignettes.
    They actually brightened up my afternoon cup of tea, thank you!
    Texas sounds cozy...we are snow covered and -2 at the moment...brrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Christine definantly has a wonderful teacher. Happy Thanksgiving to all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet post! I hope you are staying warm and snug! Thank you for the great table ideas...I am still fussing with mine! ;-D

    Best wishes for a wonderful holiday!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jeanne,
    Wishing you, your family and everyone around your beautifully adorned table, a wonderful Thanksgiving. As I am English, we don't celebrate this day but today I will think about everything that I am grateful for, which is a great deal.
    Lots of love. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy thanksgiving to you and yours Jeanne! Here in Copenhagen everything is white and the snow is still falling slowly outside my window. Christmas is coming:-)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I`m getting really hungry when I see all these yummy treasures...so fine.
    I`ll do all this for Christmas, because we don`t have Thanksgiving as a holiday...so I have to wait with my hungry belly...:)

    Beate XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a fabulous thanksgiving day my dear friend...gorgeous post by the way!
    hugs
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jeanne
    Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving.... filled with joy and love of your family and friends...

    As you know we Aussies don't celebrate this holiday but still a good time to reflect on what we are grateful for..

    Have a lovely day!!! xxx ciao ciao Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous photos of ideas. Thank you for sharing these. It's been a delightful day here. Lots to eat and a day spent with friends.
    Snuggle up and stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That green windowseat looks like the most wonderful place to be! Yes, we are now well and truly in the busy season here!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trust you have all had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely inspiration images. I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with blessings. We still go to the farm to celebrate Thanksgiving with my elderly parents. We keep it pretty simple, with the focus on the food and family. But at Christmas, I love to gather ideas for my table setting, centerpiece, placecards, etc. Having daughters and grand daughter to help with preparations is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the warm wishes...we had a completely lovely day together. Now the madness begins...all that ridiculous shopping hype! Not for me...my Christmas plans are already in the works--and without a need for purchasing more material goods. We have everything we need...what I plan for the holidays are experiences--day trips together. It's always so much fun to research, plan, and anticipate the good times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thanksgiving Debi! Bask in that warm Texan sun cuz it will be mighty cold on your return, the best kind of cold :)
    Best wishes for a wonderful day!

    Hi Donna
    I hope this email finds you well and truly into a beautiful Thanksgiving feast! I look forward to photos of your beautiful family :)

    Hi Jane
    I imagine your table looks stunning! You have such a great eye for decorating. Best wishes to you and your family for a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving Debi! Bask in that warm Texan sun cuz it will be mighty cold on your return, the best kind of cold :)
    Best wishes for a wonderful day!

    Hi Donna
    I hope this email finds you well and truly into a beautiful Thanksgiving feast! I look forward to photos of your beautiful family :)

    Hi Jane
    I imagine your table looks stunning! You have such a great eye for decorating. Best wishes to you and your family for a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Christina and best wishes to you and your family for a Happy Thanksgiving!

    Best wishes for a wonderful day Hostess:)

    Thank you Carina, I imagine it is just beautiful in your corner of the world :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts