A Coffee Moment


I am having a coffee moment...one of those moments 
when silence is golden and you just sit back and relax.

Do you know that feeling?

Sigh...

~peace~ 

Even better, I received a package this morning from New Zealand.
For the fist time, I could not guess what it could possibly be.

I was so delighted to see a lovely note from my wonderful friend Lisa
who sent me best wishes for the 4th of July along with my favourite New Zealand 
chocolates and a book 'American Wife' by Curtis Sittenfeld .

She read it one recent wet stormy weekend 
(typical Auckland weather this time of year)
and thought I would enjoy it. How nice is that?

A big smile from me as I love hearing from friends and especially Lisa.


My day is made...

a coffee by my side

a box of chocolates close at hand

a great book

a quiet house

you must know what comes next......



if only :)

Hope you are having a wonderful day rain or shine!

images 1 and 2 ~me

Comments

  1. What a lovely friend! A surprise, a lovely note, a book and chocolates? she knows you so well! Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kind friend. I have read about the book on another blog I believe it is based loosely on the life of Laura Bush.

    To me a quiet moment is a cup of tea ( I don't drink coffee) and a biscuit in my conservatory looking out to our lovely garden and seeing the birds.

    Have a great day, Jackie in UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne - enjoy!!! What a great feeling - a parcel, coffee & peace - heaven!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! I can totally relate to your magic hour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection... how lovely to receive a surprise parcel too with such gorgeous goodies inside. And to relish a time with peace and a coffee... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pierced me right through the heart! A great cup of coffee...what else is needed?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coffee . . . I love coffee moments. . . I love chocolate . . . and I especially love thoughtful friends. Way to go, Lisa!

    Glad you had such a great day, Jeanne.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love those moments! I can smell the heavenly brew. You're a lucky friend. Enloy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely beautiful post.
    Ahhh, coffee, chocolate, book...HEAVEN, for sure!

    I love your blog..am signing up to follow. Please stop by my place when you have time..I am having an awesome giveaway that will end tomorrow night. Come by for a chance at a $70 gift card to CSN ONLINE STORES...Good luck.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh please, pretty please. that hammock and i need to be introduced! jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes! It sounds like a lovely way to spend a day: coffee, chocolates, a book... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts