A Day by the Sea~ Dorothea Sharp


I simply sighed when I looked at this image.

'A day by the sea'
Painted by Dorothea Sharp
1874-1955

"A feeling of well-being and tranquility suffuses Dorothea Sharp's 'A day by the sea', 
set on a beach in the Languedoc region of Southern France. A gentle breeze 
lifts the tent flaps and the children's towels whilst the two adults rest in the 
welcome shade. The red and white stripes of the deck chair and the child's 
bathing suit, together with the straw hat laid nonchalantly aside, suggest that this 
warm sunny day is for rest and enjoyment "



The painting and copy above is featured in this weeks issue 

Can you feel the warmth of that breeze?
It just made my day. 
Hope yours is fab!
Jeanne xxx



My little New Zealand giveaway closes in a few hours, 
you can still sign in 

Comments

  1. Yes that is such a lovely painting. Very calming. Wish my days at the beach were like this instead of getting busy making sandcastles, jumping the waves and running around applying sun-lotion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! It reminds me of the scene in "The Piano" where mother and daughter make a shelter from their petticoats and pass the time inside while they wait for the men who will bring them to their new home. In my soul I must have known that someday I would find myself on a deserted New Zealand beach as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, sighed when I opened your post. How heavenly! Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, that's my reaction too...lovely...stretching out...relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After my week of hectic traveling, sitting in that deck chair on the beach with the breeze blowing would be perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely ... not much better than a day by the sea, is there?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts