Roadtrip: Blueberry Mornings in New Hampshire


If I had to list one of my favourite foods in life it would have to be blueberries. I will take them any way I can get them and these fast few days I have been lucky enough to find them in a field outside our front door. We are taking a much deserved break from our college search. We are staying with family outside of Hanover, New Hampshire, home to Dartmouth College (not on our list) and a stunning countryside.

We have been coming here to Hanover for over 20 years. Two brothers, one living in New Hampshire,  upon 100 acres of glorious country and the other, travelling the globe with a blog crazy wife and kids. It is so much fun when the two meet along the way. Luckily for me, my sister-in-law is a dear friend and a delight to be with. Walking, shopping, talking, sharing a glass of wine as we watch the sun set over the mountains with lots of laughter mixed in. When I leave here I feel that life does not get any better than this.

Our college search has been fascinating. Six colleges to date, five more to go. We have learned so much...I have learned so much. My daughter, Miss Claire, has wonderful choices, assuming she can get in to them. Two or three have risen to the top of her list. I am hoping by the end she has more. There is so much to say about this topic. I have taken extensive notes which I hope to share someday when life slows down. That will be coming soon.

In the meantime, I am going to appreciate what is now sitting outside my window and enjoy. We leave for Massachusetts this morning to visit more family. My Mother opened a new art gallery this year. I can't wait to see it and will be sure to bring you news from Rocky Neck....Massachusetts.

I think the following photos will give you the feeling of the moment. I am off to enjoy my morning usual, muesli and blueberries with a cup or two of strong coffee by the side. :)
Wishing you the very best...

Jeanne xxx








Leaving you with music by Train, the song is called Soul Sister. We
listened to it while the sun set last night. Hope you enjoy it!


Photos taken by me and Miss Claire
Music via You Tube




Comments

  1. What a delightful road trip you two are having, Jeanne! I'm sure Miss Claire will cherish the memories for years to come. Mmm, blueberries - now I'm craving some ☺. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sunset!

    Good luck on the college tour. So nice that your daughter is willing to look at 11 places and hasn't yet set her heart on only one!

    Are you headed to any in southern states?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. I may actually return this evening and pull up your fabulous sunset and listen to a little "Soul Sister" while sipping my wine. I look forward to your next installment. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures say it all, Jeanne! I know you are having a wonderful time with family! Best of luck to Miss Clair!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip sounds absolutely divine! I bet it is a bit warmer there than it is at home, or here for that matter. Enjoy the rest of your visiting my friend,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Idyllic countryside. I've never seen how blueberries grow...the first picture is truly illuminating! (So that's how they do it!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This trip simply sounds amazing. Blueberries just outside your door? Lovely. I have to go to the market to get mine.
    Best of luck to your daughter when she decides:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jeanne

    I loved this post with you music and pictures. Wishing you continued happiness on your journey.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks ladies for your very kind comments! So nice to hear from you. :)
    Webb... no Southern states this trip, but I am thinking that we really should consider them! So many gracious, lovely blogging ladies from the South, a very positive sign!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are making me so jealous! I would so love to be carrying your luggage for you right about now...need to employ a porter?

    Glad you are having a great time. Enjoy every single minute and eat lots of those yummy berries-they are so good for you!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great series of shots, they are all fantastic.

    Love that song by Train, one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy blueberries! We made blueberry/raspberry pie for dinner tonight. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Jeanne,
    so nice to see you`re on a very impressive road trip with your daughter!Love to see your photos....it feels like all blogging friends sitting in the back of your car and watching the beautiful landscape going by...
    This land is full of wonderful nature (and blueberries... ;)) love them, too and just made a cake this weekend).
    Happy family time and road trip, Jeanne!
    Beate XXX

    PS: Your wrap is almost ready these days....this will be your *welcome* present back in old europe. :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. So great to spend a little time with you, Jeanne. There is something to be said for good friends....they may not be in touch for long periods of time but pick up just where they last left off. My wonderful friend, enjoy the remainder of your whirlwind college tour. Most of all, enjoy visiting old haunts.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a wonderful mother-daughter trip, and wonderful that you have family to visit along the way to break things up. Beautiful pictures. The hot weather must have been tough last week, but this week looks much better. I hope you enjoy your time in my home state of Massachusetts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi everyone, many many thanks for your comments. Still having blueberry moments. Have switched from countryside to seaside.

    Someone wrote to me to say that they were unable to comment. I seem to be hearing this a lot lately. Just wondering if any other bloggers were having the same problem. If you have any thoughts on how to solve the problem could you write to me? It seems that some can comment and others can not.

    jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds - and looks! - heavenly! enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can just see you there.
    So happy you're having such a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, just found your blog. Your trip sounds and looks lovely. Love your sunset picture. Will come and visit you again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like you are having such a wonderful time. It is all so beautiful and that sunset is beyond words.
    I had problems commenting a while back on some blogs but then the issue resolved on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The pictures are lovely. Love the one of the beautiful red sunrise/sunset.
    You both sound as though you are having a fabulous time. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Where DO you get your energy from? Must be those blueberries!

    I just plod back and forth from home to work, and here you are zipping all over the globe. Got jet lag just reading about it all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So lovely to enjoy your normal morning routine, while on such a long trip.



    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck on your search! I remember touring lots of colleges my last year of high school. Such a great part of the country. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts