What is your relaxation barometer?


Do you have a relaxation barometer when you go on holiday? Those little things you let slip away....until you can take a deep sigh?

I haven't used a hair dryer in three days...I can't remember the last time I let the curls come through...it feels good.

A bit of lipstick, blush and a wand or two of mascara...at the most. My collection make-up is gathering sea dust.

My perfectly pressed linen and cotton clothes have been washed and lay in a big wrinkled pile...the iron made a brief appearance this morning and then I turned it off and turned away. I plan to pack it as is and deal with it next week.

I relaxed in bed this morning, left my phone to the side and finished a book. Such a good feeling.

My relaxation barometer is moving from low...to high. How is yours running these days?


Out and about in my part of the world this week.. Cape Ann...Massachusetts...USA..

My brother has rented a cottage over at Long Beach...a family stomping ground for many years.



I never ceased to be amazed by coastal garden ornaments. I am still pondering the flamingo's in the lobster pot and imagine the owners of this cottage had a good chuckle putting it all together.


Lobsta Land in Gloucester for breakfast? Yes...it is where you can eat, drink and smile...all day long.


 A reflective moment...


A visit to my mother's gallery is always a treat....I discovered this in a corner of her shop yesterday. Lots more for you creative types...next time!



Kayaking where the sea wind blows....

Comments

  1. I love this post Jeanne and can totally relate to it....love the photos too, it's an area I'd love to visit one day.

    My relaxation barometer.....not wearing make-up or a watch, being woken up by the sun instead of an alarm, actually forgetting what day of the week it is, not driving anywhere, reading for several hours at a time, eating ice cream every day....I love the summer!! (Summer in France obviously, London is wet & windy today....are you missing it??!!) XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne,

    I could not agree with you more about relaxing on a holiday...you have to let it all go. In your case, this looks to be the perfect and therapeutic setting. The water, family, your beloved porch, having a morning in bed toread and relax.

    I am sue hat after all of your packing and prep for the move you needed this break. Enjoy it all dear Jeanne!

    Have a wonderful time with your family, looking forward to more from your moms gallery.

    Xx eluzabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne,
    You have an amazing talent for zero-ing in on interesting vignettes or capturing a scene that give us readers such a visceral feeling. It's like I'm there next to you, inhaling the ocean air... just for a moment. I love those pink flamingos and I want to have a cocktail with the owners! How funny. And what's this about your Mom having a gallery? Please, share more. In the meantime, enjoy these wonderous days before Vietnam. It't hot and sunny here in California.
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah well, I think I relaxed a bit just reading this.
    Cape Ann is truly one of my favourite places in this country.
    I'm thinking a lot about you this week. Saw a Vietnam episode of House Hunters International just last night!
    Wish Edward and I could join you on a coastal ramble today!!
    xoxo,
    pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love that Pamela...only if you promise Edward could wear his hair up! :)

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you are having time to kick your shoes off, let your hair curl and relax. The vignette in your Mother's studio is wonderful. Continue to lay back and relax. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so perfect after all your packing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Relaxing enough for your curls to appear is a very good sign, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post and your last are just wonderful Jeanne; has also made me thinking about how long it is since I really relaxed ... hmm ... we DEFINITELY want to see more of your mother's gallery!
    Sharon
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so good to see you have time to relax and forget about the stresses of the past weeks. Enjoy your time at the beach and especially with family! Jennyxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always relaxed Jeanne but, then again, I don't live the hectic life that you do !!
    It's so lovely to hear that you are taking some time for yourself and enjoying every minute by the sounds of it. I think that you must need it after all of the packing up and moving that you have been doing.
    Your photos are beautiful ..... and, it is always lovely to spend some quality time wih family and friends.
    ENJOY. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous shots Jeanne, what a lovely spot to take time out and relax. Good on you, no hair dryer, packing the iron away. ..you need to spend some time chilling out before you leave for your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. roller doors sydney

    My relaxation barometer is always on low. I'm ll stressed out. I need a month long vacation to recharge, relax and have a peace and quiet time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts