A dream home...away from home



 ...But every house where love abides,
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home, sweet, home;
For there the heart can rest.
Henry Van Dyke



A Dream Home Story...

My blogging friend, Cindy @ Rough Luxe Lifestyle asked me to write about my idea for a dream home. I did not hesitate for a moment. She has an eye for style, so much so, that every post of hers becomes a 'pinfest' for me. I was touched that she would ask. She asked six of us to think of our 'Dream Home' and write about it...interpreting it any way we like. I thought it was an opportune time for me, for in a few weeks, I will be travelling to our home away from home, to start the beginning of a new chapter in our lives.

If you have been reading Collage of Life these past few months, you will know that we purchased a small farmhouse in the wilds of New England in December 2012. I was on a quest last autumn to find a little place, down a dirt road, to hang our hats after our travels. Mission accomplished (here). Since that time, it has been sitting quietly, bracing itself from the winter storms and chills as it has been doing so for over 200 years.





It is called Tahilla Farm, a name determined by the previous owner.  We call it a gentlewoman's farm. A term suggested by a friend after visiting the house. When he said it, my mind was set...it kindled a feeling.  It is a four bedroom house, with ensuites for each. A meeting room, study, kitchen, breakfast room, master study and cozy finished attic sit within the walls of the home. Part of the house dates back to 1790 and another part of the house was expanded within the last 10 years. It has a rhythm, a  quirky kind of rhythm. I like quirky.

Views from the windows extend to the barns, gardens, fields and onto to a mountain top in the far distance. It is peaceful, it is quiet..it is rough and tumble. It is our home away from home until one day...when we make it more than that.


To read more about Tahilla Farm...click on 'Read more' below...



Looking for ideas from you...
I am going to do two things with this blog post and I apologise in advance for the length. I am breaking all the rules but what a woman has to do, a woman has to do. I am looking at it as an opportunity to pull together my thoughts, hash out some ideas and most importantly...look for ideas from you. We have our work cut out for us. Are you ready?

Breathe, talk, eat, sleep, read, think, walk and create...
Let me tell you what I have in mind. We like simple and comfortable. This is to be a meeting place for family and friends, where we can simply breathe, talk, eat, sleep etc.. When I looked at this house, I considered our family 'curiousites' the ones we have collected in our travels as expats...and there have been a few. There will be no shortage of books, artifacts and collectibles...from Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Africa, Australia, England, France...and Vietnam. We live a curious life and it is reflected in our belongings.

A decorating sweep...
If you play around with Pinterest, I am sure you will agree that it is a great place to gather your thoughts. I have had this project on my mind for a while so the timing for this post could not have been better as I will start my first decorating sweep at Tahilla Farm in a few weeks time.



Dream Home inspiration...

Interior Design guru, Charlotte Moss 
wrote the following in her book 'Creating a Room'...

Every decorating project begins with an idea, 
a request, a notion, a dream or fantasy  
of the type of room that is to be created. Inspiration can come 
from a painting, a room seen in a movie, a museum, 
a magazine photograph, a description in a novel, a place we've visited, 
a color that energises us, and so on.
Charlotte Moss

Think Bloomsbury Group....
Which brings me to my inspiration...writers and artists of a past era. Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen), Virginia Woolf, Duncan Grant, Vanessa Bell, Valerie Finnis, Vita Sackville-West, Rudyard Kipling, C.S. Lewis, Winston Churchill..you may recognize a few. I guess there is no surprise that many are English and part of the Bloomsbury Group for it was during our time living in England that I came to appreciate them. Museums, paintings, design books, movies, photographs, novels...it is all here, it is my inspiration. To this mix I add an author and designer whose work I enjoy. For this farmhouse in the wilds of New England, I channel the work of Australian designer and author, Sibella Court..because I believe she would understand.

Channelling Sibella Court via her book 
'etcetera etc. creating beautiful interiors with the things you love'


I have only one rule: seek out beauty and meaning in everything, 
then embrace and display it. Even the most humble and everyday of objects 
can be transformed. I encourage you to look in unusual places, 
not just the pages of magazines. If you open your eyes to nature, 
history and story books, music, travel, fashion and textiles, 
sets in the cinema and theatre, art exhibitions 
or the ceremonies and customs of other cultures, 
then fresh, original ideas will follow.
Sibella Court


I think we have a meeting of the minds, don't you? 

With that...here is my dream home...Tahilla Farm



The Dream Home.. a state of mind..

When I was looking for a home, I was not interested in a new home or recently renovated home with all the bells and whistles. I wanted something simple and with room to grow, not necessarily outwards, but from within. I was and still am in a state of mind as I approach this house. At the moment, it is my baby. No one else in our family has seen it..including Mr. H. My leap of faith will meet it's test when he
visits in a few months time. I am ready for the ground work...I will be there in a few weeks to kick start
the project and the following is what I have in mind. I am not looking for an instant fix...I want to take
my time, to consider it thoughtfully and artfully. I give you the 'current' photos and the 'dream' photos...


Tahilla Farm kitchen and breakfast room...





I love...
the simplicity and feeling I get when I am in these rooms.
The person before me loved this house, I can feel it.
I love the open space, natural light, 
wood burning stove
and the warmth of the pine wide panel floors and beams above.

My dream home would have..

A kitchen reminiscent of something my grandmothers cooked in
with a view from a window..

top right, top middle,  top middlebottom middlebottom left, bottom right

My dream home kitchen would have a place to spread out and cook..

left, middle, bottom right, top right

and a space to gather comfortably with family and friends...


The very heart of a home is intimacy. 
For this is where we are most ourselves. 
And when we have the inner calm, 
this is when we give the best parts of ourselves.
Nancy Lindenmeyer


Tahilla Farm antique meeting room and study...



I love... 
the warmth of the floor, 
wood burning fireplaces, simple built-in bookshelves, 
natural light and the ability to create a cozy nook in each room.

My dream home would have...

A place to study and collect..

top leftbottom left,  top right ( India Hicks King's Retreat) bottom right ( Rudyard Kipling's study)

"Like the face of a clock, a home has its cycles, and reflects the passage of time
even when much of what is in and around it seems unchanged. 
Sometimes striking and sometimes subtle, sometimes permanent and sometimes temporary, 
sometimes joyous and sometimes deeply poignant, the transformations of time gives 
the house much of it's mystery. 


leftmiddle (Sibella Court) ,  top right, bottom right

Some rooms resist time and some rooms 
reflect it-but in either case, minutes, hours, days, months, seasons, and years work 
a mysterious magic in a home. 


 top left (Winston Churchill desk at Chartwell) , bottom left ( home of Duncan Grant and Vanessa Bell, Charleston House)  top right (Valerie Finnis home), bottom right from Burnton Constable Hall via book 'Yorkshire' by Simon Jenkins

     The initial mystery that attends any journey is: 
how did the traveler reach his starting point in the first place? 
How did I reach the window, the walls, the fireplace, the room itself; 
how do I happen to be beneath this ceiling and above this floor? 
Oh, that is a mater for conjecture, for argument pro and con, 
for research, supposition, dialectic!
Louise Bogan


A place for dialectic!

   top left,   top right ( sitting room from movie 'Holiday'), bottom left (sitting room from movie 'Out of Africa') 
 bottom right


   In our homes we have the freedom to center around 
our own uniqueness and spirit and to be at one 
with the people we choose to live with and love. 
Here, we can emphasize all the things we value and cherish.
Charlotte Moss


Tahilla Farm bedrooms and new additions...





I love..
the natural light, the view inside and out, 
wide oak paneled floors and clear white freshness of space.

My dream home would have...

A place to rest and ponder life.

 top left bottom leftmid-bedroom,  top rightmid-rightbottom right (from movie Something's Gotta Give)

....every corner in a house, every angle in a room, 
every inch of secluded space in which we like to hide, 
or withdraw into ourselves, is a symbol of solitude for the imagination...
the house shelters daydreaming, the house protects the dreamer, 
the house allows one to dream in peace.
Gaston Bachelard

left, top right bottom right




Tahilla Farm porch...


I love..
the view from this porch, the proximity to the kitchen, 
and the consideration given to the simple design..
it is a porch to love.

My dream home would have...
a place to kick off your shoes, lean back and relax.

bottom leftupper left porchmiddle, top right single chair, bottom right


An interlude...
I hope you enjoyed this interlude to a dream home..there is much more to come. We have yet to explore the barns and gardens. I need more consideration for both. The ideas are ticking over but haven't settled just yet. When they do..I will be back with more.

via


I thank you kindly for reading along. 
I think I just wrote a book...surely, it has been my longest post ever. 
If you have a dream home in mind...I encourage you to write about it.
Grab some photos, a pad of paper and go to town. 
It is good for the soul! :)

Before you start...listen and watch this wonder of the world.
Pure magic!




Then....I encourage you to read about
the Dream Homes of these wonderful writers...
I am sure you will be as inspired as I am!








PS.. I am a time zone ahead of most readers.
If the links above do not bring you directly to
a Dream Home post..they will soon!

Jeanne xx

Comments

  1. Oh Jeanne this post touched my heart in more ways you can know. I had an antique business back in the day. We travelled to New England in search of treasures twice a year. I ADORE that house. It is absolutely flawless. I cannot wait to see what you do with it. The outside is just a hint of the magic within. Thank you so much for taking the time to participate in this little endeavor! I know how much work it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy...it was my pleasure. It was a fun road to travel. I look forward to the day when we meet in New Hampshire...I am sure we will! I also want to explore more of California one day...:) Thank you for including me in this post party! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jeanne! It was so exciting to read about your house in New England. I love your ideas for it. When we built and designed the house that we are in right now, I had such a good time figuring it all out. You have wonderful ideas and sources for inspiration and I am sure it will be your dream house. I cannot wait to follow its progress on your blog.
    xx Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunday...I thought of you when I wrote this post, thinking of all the books I have at your recommendation...many from the authors above. I will find a way to incorporate the story of Tahilla into the blog. Keeping it separate from Chateau Mango is the challenge..it can be so confusing! Best wishes.. xx

      Delete
  4. This was beautiful...I love light and wide planked floors, too. Great textures and use of art... a beautiful dream home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann...very kind of you to say and for stopping by.. :)

      Delete
  5. Its a gorgeous house - so filled with light. Have to say, tho, that id like a bit of color - not necessarily mango, but greens or turquoise, or .... and can hardly wait to see how you combine all the treasures of your travels pulled together so you can build new memories on top of the "old" ones.

    What a great project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Webb...the good news is that it will not take long for all those colours to work their way into the house...Chateau Mango will live on for years to come, if not in physical location, in our collection! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh Jeanne...Tahilla Farm is beautiful! And your inspiration pictures make it easy to imagine what a beautiful home you will create there. Thank you for sharing this! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy! I am looking forward to keeping track of the journey, it should be a fun one, beginning to end. :)

      Delete
  7. Wholly cow Jeanne look how wide your floorboards are...fabulous! Our home dates to 1790 and we have the original wood floors thanks to everyone always covering them up. When it came to decorating our home I let the house tell me what it wants rather then try to force something on it. You'll know if it works or not once it's filled with people. Your NH home looks so peaceful.

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra...I have to agree, it will come together as time goes by. I want to live with each season as well...that tells you so much about a house. I can see already it will require a lot of trips back and forth from Vietnam... :)

      Delete
  8. First of all, it is so good to finally have some time to read my favorite blogs again! Secondly, this was a fabulous post and very insightful! I'm so happy for you and this new venture! It sounds very exciting and fulfilling! There is nothing like finding that perfect spot to call home and then beginning the work on it! I can't wait to see it progress! It's already wonderful! Thanks for sharing this and I will check out the other blogs as well! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn...always a pleasure to hear from you. I received both comments so whatever you are doing it works. My comments are set to 'read' first so it may be confusing when you do no see it straight away, especially with the difference in time zones. Looking forward to sharing and getting your advice!.. xx

      Delete
  9. Dear Jeanne -

    Oh my gosh, Tahilla Farm is exactly what we've been looking for!! My partner and I are searching for a summer home in Maine / New England. An old home with good bones, charm and beautiful setting. I need the name of your realtor!

    Though I've been enjoying your photos on Instagram, I just discovered your blog via Cindy. I was born in Saigon and lived there until 7. I believe our family townhouse is still intact, and now occupied by 2 - 4 families?? Anyhow, I have never been back.....would love to visit in the near future.

    Cheers from DC,
    Loi Thai
    Tone on Tone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Loi.. what an interesting world it is...to see someone's photos..enjoy and then make a connection somewhere else. I will write to you separeately with realtor details. I hope you visit Saigon one day, I am sure you would enjoy it! If I can assist in any way please do not hesitate to ask.. Off to read your blog...:)

      Delete
  10. How wonderful that you are actually going to turn your dream into reality and what a beautiful reality it will be! All the best x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon...and I loved your dream house. Your post is filled with inspiration...great ideas for everyone! xx

      Delete
  11. I love quirky too. Tahilla Farm is beautiful.I would be day-dreaming about it all day if it were mine. I love your ideas for the different rooms too. I especially like the bedrooms. Oh, and the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loree....quirky is good, especially amongst kindred spirits. :)

      Delete
  12. Oh Jeanne - this is sublime - what a fabulous post and how much fun this must have been and now seeing it come into fruition bit by bit ... you are going to have the BEST time - it is such a beautiful home and the light and the ambiance is perfect. I look forward to watching this grow. Have fun and keep sharing. F xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jeanne,.. how very exciting for you and Mr H to have such a marvelous project to get your teeth into.. I can now see/visualize how all your recent purchases are going to settle themselves so well into your new homestead as well now, thanks for sharing this new phase in your life.. enjoy the very exciting planning of it all.. and keep us updated with the progress when next you're there please.. and happy shopping to fill those rooms with many beautiful delights.. regards j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean...you read my mind! Yes..lots of pieces here will be shipped on to Tahilla. The challenge will be the height of a few things..low ceilings in antique homes do not favour big pieces of art. I have big plans for the barn as a result.. :)

      Delete
  14. Jeanne, your post/ book is one of my absolute favorites. I have been longing to see your beautiful farm inside! I love it all. What an exciting adventure, to start fom scratch on a home from the 1700s. Your ideas and inspiration images are beautiful, and it will be interesting to see your interpretation of them.

    I look forward to seeing more! And as Debra said, I think a house this old will tell you what to do and at the same time will welcome your treasures from around the world, many of which may be older than your home.

    Hav a great week Jeanne, xxelizabeth

    Ps. You are going to love Loi's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth...my comment form must be acting up, I got them all. Thank you for persevering! The hardest part is stopping myself from creating another blog...I think I was right the first time in naming my blog 'Collage of Life'..it certainly goes in many directions...hence the many blogs. I know you can relate! I am sure you are right...Loi's blog looks wonderful!
      xx

      Delete
  15. That house is fabulous even in the before photos!!! What an enchanting space and I do love y our dream ideas for this DREAM home! Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!
    Best,
    Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS..just read your blog...love the ideas in your post...must pin! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  16. Just as the light comes through the windows, your light will shine in this new home. What fun you will have piecing it all together with things you love and that are a reflection of your own quirkiness. That's what I like about you. I see some lovely NE pieces being added into the mix, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Linda...thank you. I love your way with words. One day..I will get you to NH..I will need color, I am sure of it and you will be just the right person. xx

      Delete
  17. Wonderful post. I enjoyed reading about your dream home. Your Tahilla Farm is beautiful. I can't wait to see it lived in and decorated by you. Check out India Hicks at Pottery Barn at India Hicks' blog and also at the Pottery Barn website for more inspiration. This post got me daydreaming today about my Dream Home... Ummmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tips Pamela...thank you! I find I gravitate to her style of decorating, especially in Vietnam. As for the daydreaming...write it down and tell me when you post! :) Many thanks for your lovely comment... xx

      Delete
  18. Jeanne, what a lovely post - I have had to read it twice- and what a simply wonderful house that I am sure you will make into a wonderful home! I can imagin that you are absolutely itching to get started and I cannot wait to follow your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillie...so glad you enjoyed it. This one is not for the quick reader, which I often am! I look forward to getting stuck into it...and will be back with more. :) xx

      Delete
  19. Jeanne! I just don't even know what to say--honestly. How I love your farm. You know that. Those rooms speak to me. And that you actually own it now, well, it brings tears to my eyes, it does! Because you will love it and it will love you back. I just can't get over it, that such a place exists and is already so beautiful just as it is...I don't think I need to beg you to leave the wood as it is but I will if I have to! Nor do I need to remind you that the kind of layering that you want to do takes tiiiime. The home you have in mind will look like you have already lived there for twenty years or more. It will be so beautiful...Do you need to take a trip to France to pick up some antiques to give it a slight European feel? I don't know...you just might need to...
    Happy sigh.
    Gros bisous,
    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather...thank you so much! Yes..the layering is essential and fortunately we have pieces from Vietnam that will fit nicely. A trip to France?...to shop? But of course! I can think of a few ladies who will know exactly what I will need and your are one of them. I am sure you can guess the others. xxx

      Delete
  20. Wonderful wonderful post Jeanne... Hello again!!!... we seem to have lost touch just a little... the uncanny thing is that we are a little in sinc with what we are both doing at the moment. First of all, ... let me just say that your farm house looks quite beautiful... it is EXACTLY what I would fall in love with... exactly!!! I adore the interiors.. everything .... No doubt it will be a little tricky logistically, but then you have loads of experience in this dept... and how you must be looking forward to making it all happen. We have sold South Acres and are building a house in Bowral... a little similar in style... and of course it is a 'town house'.... but I have such similar leanings as far as the Bloomsbury/Arts and Crafts periods are concerned. Best of luck and congratulations... and let's keep each company on this lovely adventure. xxx ps.... I now have to change the name of my Blog... am terrified at the thought... have NO idea how to!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! I was thinking the same thing..we are in very simliar places. I have been following along and love what you have on the drawing board for your new home. My heart ached for you at the thought of selling South Acres...a new challenge is just what we both need. If you need any help with the name change of your blog...it should be fairly easy. Coming up with the name, to merge the two..now that will be fun! Let me know if I can help any way...love our instagram connection. xx

      Delete
  21. I feel, and share, your delight and excitement.
    Such a beautiful place and what fun it shall be to make it truly your own.
    And as I expected... your taste and mine are almost identical!
    Happy, happy for you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you as I was writing it Pamela...I had a feeling you would say that. :)

      Delete
  22. Oh my gosh! This is GORGEOUS and an absolute dream. I am excited for you and am envious of all the possibilities this house affords. Your taste seems exactly in line with mine - I guess that shouldn't be a surprise coming from a New England girl. I adore the wide plank floors, the wide open spaces that seem to be waiting for your personal touches. I can't wait to see the 'after' pictures as you begin to make this house your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary...from one New England girl to another. :)

      Delete
  23. This is truly a dream home Jeanne... It will be magnificent with all your treasures and such a retreat for your family... Loved this post... xv

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did not just happen to find Tahilla that is for sure. My over-riding sense is that she is waiting patiently for your arrival. It grounds you already. Wow! Many continued blessings, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thought Brenda...I think you are right. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  25. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love the Farm and the dream home images as well. I know with your great taste, and love of old New England,this will be your dream home for real. Best of luck to you my friend, and may all your dreams come true. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jeanne,
    Wow. That was a book! - A book I thoroughly enjoyed. I can see how much work went into that. Best wishes to you creating that wonderful home. You can already feel the love there and I'm looking forward to seeing it with all your personal touches. Warmly ~LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much LeAnn...and you are right..by the time I hit the porch I was seriously feeling sorry for me readers. Thank you for reading on! :)

      Delete
  27. Jeanne - I adore this post. I can't wait to see how you place your own style into this already beautiful home. It seems to me the most gorgeous neutral palette - with that amazing woodwork and gorgeous fixtures. What a glorious adventure to be embarking upon. Much love to you in your new endeavour! Onwards and upwards! Meredy xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi from S CA!..Tahilla Farm is awesome! + you are blessed to have found it + it is blessed to have found you. Let the house tell you what it wants; has always worked for me as I am sure it will for you.
    xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a splendid place to dream on!!!!!! The interior is GORGEOUS, a blank slate...I'm green with envy, of course! And the landscape is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you Becky...it is a big project to carry on from afar but I am ready for the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jeanne, my jaw dropped! I mean, WOW, what a gorgeous place you found. All of the right vibes came together and led you to where you should be when the time comes! I'm soooo happy for you! (And, hmm, we might go to the Middle East!)

    Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kittie...but now my jaw has dropped...the Middle East! But..on the other hand, how fascinating..I say do it! xx

      Delete
  32. Gosh! I am GREEN with envy, such a beautiful house and area. I am glad it is in the hands of one who will take the time to really understand it and make it as beautiful as it imagines itself to be. You have such an artists eye. So many special places are not so lucky in who takes care of them. I love the ideas you have shared, and agree pinterest is a wonderful way to organise our ideas, and dreams. How exciting ! (Love the cow, and her intense look at the camera, hee hee). Minerva ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minerva..thank you so much. If I play my cards right..I might even swing a creative retreat on the property..it is my other dream. I will be sure to keep you posted. :)

      Delete
  33. What an absolutely amazing place - just love the gorgeous architecture and such great bones...can't wait to see you put your stamp on it...i'll be following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...when I look back at all my 'pins'... I have to say that most of them came from your blog..Design Chic...I take that as a very good sign. You have paid me a lovely compliment. Thank you... :)

      Delete
  34. Hi Jeanne,

    My favorite part of your dream home is the friendly cow neighbour with his white heart shaped patch tuff on the top of his head! I'd love to have him as a neighbour!

    Your dream home is so well thought out, the rooms really blend together seamlessly. Great job!

    :)
    mikky
    www.todaloos.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful wonderful place.
    I am so glad I discovered your blog and am looking forward to seeing what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh wow Jeanne it's fabulous... absolutely perfect! A very Happy Easter to you. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is amazing! I am in love with every aspect of it! So chic and cozy and wonderful! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  38. No words- truly, I have none. And that is saying something! It is absolutely fabulous- I can't wait to see you settled in when the time comes~
    x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Jeanne hello and happy Easter! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family in Australia!

    Take care, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  40. My family ancestors settled in New England in the 1600's. Its spirit and pace is part of my DNA. What a find you have in Tahilla. One of many dreams I have for myself. I just can't decide which I will pursue right now! I look forward to reading more about your journey. In the meantime, thank you for the bit of inspiration you provided me with tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Catching up on reading this week..and I find you already have found your dream house! I am so glad for you, for when I first found your site, you were wanting to return before you even left the down under, on your way to Vietnam..my time does fly by. Eventually, when you are able to finally settle in your own vintage home, I will delight with you in such a peaceful setting, with all your favorite things around you,,,and you and yours healthy of course! I am in love with all of your ideas and photos, all what I would ideally like as well, especially the breakfast room, farm sinks for the kitchen, all the windows, open shelves, the fireplaces, the ideas for the antique meeting room! Definitely the "Something's Gotta Give" and Isak Dinesen rooms are to die for..and the newer construction works great with the rest of the house..so much right up my alley..and Ha!...a porch to love..; I will check back from time to time..the writing I've been doing takes more time than I'd like to get where I want it to be, so will keep doing it as long as I enjoy it, but I can't help dream along with you. I'm still hoping to find a smaller version of your New England home here close to my daughter, but will vicariously live through your planning in the meantime..as well as your other adventures. Happy spring, Jeanne! I imagine you to be collecting pink rocks (as opposed to white or black) to put in a jar in your last home.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have loved to read about Tahilla Farm from the first time you posted about it. With this wonderful post, the layout of the house and property becomes a bit clearer, and what a treat to see some of the interior and your ideas about making it your own! The home already is beautiful, and you will make it enchanting. The outdoor part of the property is so varied and gorgeous, however, that if I lived there, I'm afraid that I probably would spend little time inside. What (domesticated) animals do you plan on having there? What wildlife frequents the property or makes it home?

    Thank you for taking us along on your Tahilla Farm journey! Leslie in Portland, Oregon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts