Holiday Gift Ideas #1: Home and Garden



Looking for gift ideas for the holidays? Me too. Maybe we can get organised together.
Over the next few weeks I will be sharing my Holiday Gift Ideas. A few tried and true
and somethings new. My goal is to have my shopping done by December 8th....
(Mr. H and I are off toAustralia for my son's graduation).  I say I will plan early every year,
maybe this will be theyear I actually do it. This post is kick starting me into action.
If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them! We can all shop together!



FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO FROLIC IN THE GARDEN....


William and Son
Wellington Boot Key Ring
A tad extravagant...but so cute!
View here. PS..while you are there
scroll thru the items at the bottom of the page too.



The Making of the English Gardener
by Margaret Willes
For serious garden enthusiasts, a history on the English Gardener.
View here.



The Ten-Minute Gardener's Vegetable-Growing Diary
by Val Bourne
(Flower Growing and Fruit Growing Diaries also available)
Pithy, practical and purposeful- a handy diary.
View here.



Wooden Birdhouse with Patriotic Banners 
From Plow and Hearth
If you have a weakness for bird houses ( I do)...or 
know someone who does... this might be a nice addition.
View here.


FOR THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE KITCHEN....


Bill's Everyday Asian
by Bill Granger
In my books, Bill gets it right every time. An Australian,
with lots of charm and great recipes. This one will be a must.
View here.



Back to Basics Apple and Potato Peeler
From Back to Basics


This is the ultimate kitchen device. My kids love it.
We have been apple addicts ever since. Great for the 
lunch box! View here.


Mafter Exopat French Nonstick Baking Mat
From Mafter
Christmas cookies are baked to perfection on a Mafter Nonstick Baking Mat.
In my mind, they are one of the greatest inventions ever!
Details here.




GETTING IN THE MOOD...FOR CHRISTMAS


Thymes Frasier Fir Candle
For me it starts with the fragrance of Christmas..in our family it comes with this candle. 
When we miss the fresh scent of a Christmas tree....we start here.



The H. Family Favourites....Charlie Brown and The Rat Pack

If you grew up with Charlie Brown, you will love this compilation. A classic! 
For me there is nothing better than a little Frank, Dean and Sammy,
crooning over these family Christmas favourites. View here and here.



James Taylor at Christmas
Every one of these songs is a gem. Nothing better than James Taylor 
over the holidays.  You can view the album details here.


YOUR COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS TO THIS POST...

From Elizabeth @ Pinecones and Acorns
Adopt a Nudo olive tree and reap the benefits... read here 
All things lavender from the Pelindaba Lavender Farm....read here
From Donna @ Starkey Hollow
Jim Brickman A Christmas Celebration CD..here
From Sunday @ Ciao Domenica
Heath Ceramic little bud vases here


..................................................

Be back soon with more ideas.... I have a few DIY coming up too.
How about you, any Holiday Gift tips you would like to pass along?
We would love to read them!


Another favourite...James Taylor singing 'River' by Joni Mitchell :)



images noted in links 

Comments

  1. Jeanne,

    I love all of these ideas! So many great gifts. I did post a few ideas last week, Nudo for olive oil lovers and Pheindaba lavender Farm...both excellent places for interesting gifts.

    I am for the most part finished Christmas shopping, and I have wrappend everything and have it ready for shipping. I do have 2 gifts yet to buy. I have a lot going on from now unil Christmas for work so I had to get it all done.

    Not to mention the fact that I back 30 lbs of cookies, bread, candies etc for various family and friends, and I have to have time to do that and pack it and mail it.

    I will tune in here to see what everyone else is doing. Because I love good ideas. Looking forward to your DIY!

    Have a great day! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth...I have added them to the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great ideas Jenne!!
    I've done a lot of shopping too and one of my favorite new CD's is Jim Brickman's new Christmas album. So pretty.
    It makes me nervous though, with how much more I have to do...yikes! Have fun with your shoppin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to recall you did this last year and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanne, these are great ideas. I always start with books when making a list for gifts. Also, Heath Ceramics in California has lovely little bud vases in their holiday red collection. I bought several of these to give as gifts this year. Good luck with your shopping!
    xx Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanne, what a lovely post - do you think you can buy the Fir candles in the UK? Everything sounds gorgeous - trouble is I would like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm James Taylor! The Rat Pack! Gardening ideas! Thanks for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Thyme Fraser Fir candle is the best smelling christmas scent. It makes you feel like you're sitting in the boughs of the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, remember your wonderful shopping lists from last year. Gosh! Has a year gone by? Your son's graduating - wow! The next generation is moving into place.

    We're going to New Orleans for Christmas - have reservations at Commander's Palace and K-Paul's - a restaurant pick each. But, I need that apple slicer! Just wrote it down. Thanks! Bought several fir candles at Orveris' when we were in Vermont. It's the best candle ever! And I adore James Taylor. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brillant Jeanne...always such a task finding just the right thing.
    I've put that apple/potato peeler on the top of MY list - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas! Every year I say I'm going to get my Christmas shopping done early too. Hopefully I can get it done before Christmas Eve : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great holiday gift ideas...

    problem is I keep thinking of buying things for me, ha ha...

    like the apple and potato peeler, the birdhouse, and the JT Christmas album...

    Maybe next week I'll be more focused on gifts to buy for other people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always like to start with Christmas cards from MoMA...especially the ones with pop-ups or dimensional folds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an excellent posting!
    And Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, some lovely treasures there Jeanne...I loved listening to James while browsing the list...the best day of window shopping I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have just ordered all three albums!:-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jeanne.....thought I followed you on all your blogs...but apparently not this one. Just signed on.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great ideas, Jeanne. Over the years I've decided to just buy my favorite book of the year in quantities and give that as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I going to have to have that key ring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Although there is no snow in the air, my favorite Stowe, Vt. shop is scented with Frasier Fir candles and it won't be long till Sweet Baby James and his family are hitting the slopes. Christmas shopping done?! I hide my Virgo head in shame.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jeanne,
    Love all of your ideas...listening to James Taylor Christmas right this minute!
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts