To the women in our lives, today and yesterday.....



Sending out best wishes on Mother's Day to one and all 
and the women that came before you. I mentioned in my last post (here) that
there would be more poems by Edgar A Guest.  I couldn't resist :)

Mother's Day

Let every day be Mother's Day!
Make roses grow along her way
And beauty everywhere.
Oh, never let her eyes be wet
With tears of sorrow or regret,
And never cease to care!
Come, grown up children and rejoice
That you can hear your mother's voice!

A day for her! For you she gave
Long years of love and service brave;
For you her youth was spent.
There was no weight or hurt or care
Too heavy for her strength to bear;
She followed where you went;
Her courage and her love sublime
You could depend on all the time.

No day or night she set apart
On which to open wide her heart
And welcome you within;
There was no hour you would not be
First in her thought and memory,
Though skies were gray or skies were blue
Not once has she forgotten you.

Let every day be Mother's Day!
With love and roses strew her way,
And smiles of joy and pride!
Come, grown up children, to the knee
Where long ago you used to be
And never turn aside;
Oh, never let her eyes grow wet
With tears, because her babes forget.

By Edgar A Guest
c. 1921

To the women in my life....
I send best wishes across the sea to my mother.
More on the woman behind the paintbrush, here.


To my grandmothers, who are dear departed, yet always 
remembered, by the ones who loved them best.



Happy Mother's Day!

Jeanne xxx

Comments

  1. Happy Mother's Day Dear Jeanne
    Beautiful words to wish a wonderful day to you and the women in your life!! ciao xxx Julie

    Love that shot of your mum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the poem - beautiful. And how lucky you are to have such a talented Mom! Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom! Lana www.lifeatwildberrycottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day, Jeanne.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jeanne! You gorgeous girl. Thanks for sharing this sweet poem with us. Just what a tired mummy of 3 under 6 needs to hear right now! J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day, Jeanne! Thank you for Guest's beautiful poem. I did a double-take when I saw your mother's photo - she so reminds me of my mother, both beautiful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanne,

    Such beautiful words...
    as is the image of your mother.

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy mother's day to you too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day to you! Thanks for sharing that beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeanne so beautiful a tribute to your mother!!

    xoxo

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the name you gave your mom "the woman behind the paintbrush" Lovely tribute Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts