A Woman and her Craft: Kate Mears



Have you ever lived in a home that you absolutely loved?
You may already be there.
Kate Mears has had a love affair with her house 
and her village in Somerset, England for 16 years.
A talented artist, Kate has documented her love for 
her home and village thru her diary entries and watercolours.
Entitled 'A Year Around  Our House',
her story is told in the September issue of 





It is hard not to fall in love with her charming watercolours.


You can read more on Kate here.
Her website is filled with wonderful
artworks for sale. 

If you would like a few tips on discovering the
 history of your home, you will find suggestions here.

More on 'A Woman and Her Craft' series @ Collage of Life:

and more talented women....


Best wishes for a wonderful weekend. 
I hope it is filled with many creative inspirations!

Jeanne :)


Comments

  1. She's wonderful, and that's my absolute favourite magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely watercolours. Thank you for sharing them, and reminding me of Old Blighty and the pretty little quaint villages. David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish I could keep a journal filled with sketches that delight, however, my drawing skills stopped when I was about 3 so my journal is filled with stick figures and box houses and misshapen flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet. Finally a quiet morning with a cup of coffee in hand. Kate's work is wonderful.
    Hope I can locate a copy at our Barnes and Noble. I'm catching up on commissions and soon I'll start my give-away Lifescape~
    Was that summer that just flew by?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These watercolours are truly amazing. I love the way she use color, it's so vibrant and lively. Thanks for sharing!
    I'm off to check out your links!
    Have a wonderful upcoming weekend!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful beautiful work! I paint, but I never really got the hang of watercolors. I have a ton of respect for people who do. Really lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful artwork on watercolours! Enjoy a lovely weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks for you comments one and all...Kate was kind of enough to send me a note. What a small world we live in! A reader from South Africa followed up at her website and mentioned the post. Kate sent me a lovely note in return. Isn't it wonderful how the world turns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this article on Kate Mears at the book store magazine rack. I did a search and your delightful blog came up.
    I am inspired to do a photo version of "A Year Around the House"
    I am not sure what shape it will take.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hai ......
    nice painting
    i respectfully appreciate your picture

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts