My Style Icons Thru The Years....

I was sitting in the hairdressers with my usual stacks of magazines 
and started thinking about the women 
that have been my style icons thru the years. 
It started when I was about 14 and spent hours thumbing thru 
Seventeen magazine and my mother's issues of Vogue.





Lauren Hutton was my first 'woman to watch' 
when I was just a fresh faced teenager. 



As a young woman I grew up enjoying 
any film with Jill Clayburgh in it. 




In college, I clipped a newspaper article of Diane Keaton's 
Academy Award for Annie Hall 
and still have it in my college scrapbook. 
She still is the 'it' girl in my books. 



Charlotte Rampling and Catherine Deneuve 
are mysterious and so so cool. 



Who can forget Julie Christie in Dr. Zhivago 
and the many more films that followed. 




Kirsten Scott Thomas is 'so english' and elegant,
Ellen Burstyn has grace and charm 
and Meryl Streep is just Meryl Streep, 
words can not begin to describe her. 





Helen Mirren is gutsy 
and a pleasure to watch on screen.  


I have grown up with these women and the pleasure has been all mine. 
I intentionally captured images of them in more recent years. 
They are all as beautiful as the days when I started following them 
so so many years ago. They are an inspiration!

Comments

  1. Very elegant women! I love love love it. My favorite is also Isabel Preysler, wish I can age like her!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts