Prince Charles


I am coming out of left field here. 
This is normally the sort of post I would put on Finding My Way
but you know how it is when the spirit moves you. 

It has come about in a strange way. 
The weather is beautiful here in London and at sunset 
I thought of the warm summer nights we spent in Italy a few summers ago. 
That prompted me to think of all the handsome, distinguished gentlemen 
I saw along the streets of Rome. They were 'mature' and impeccably dressed. 
I tried to look nonchalantly but I am sure the drool was spotted a mile away. 
I am a sucker for a man in a suit...especially Mr. H :)

I then thought it would be fun to do a little research
to see who are considered to be some of the best dressed men.
Guess who popped up over and over again?

British Esquire declared him
 the World's Best Dressed Man in 2009.
Who knew?
Not me.

I have to say, he does the English gentleman very well.

Jeremy Langmead, Esquire editor said
 "It''s the men who dress like grown-ups who really 
caught the judge''s eyes this year; as well as those who have developed 
their own distinctive style and stuck with it.






So there you go, I am living in the right place.
Now if I could just get Mr. H 
into Savile Row to pick up a few suits....

Comments

  1. I'm with Pamela, a kilt does it for me every time!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...
    I have to say I have never put much thought into kilts.
    Except for Mel Gibson in Braveheart.
    I am going to Scotland in August for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. I am sure I will have an opinion after that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo of him with his boys. I saw HRH close up at a garden party in Perth on Diana's first trip to Australia. Much better in real life I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it seems so much easier for the guys - a suit is a suit is a suit. And that kilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classics, breeding, money and more than likely an image consultant help him maintain this standard of dress...I do love the rugged look of the tartan kilt.
    I still like a man in jeans and a T shirt....I wonder if Charles even owns jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Charles has many more advantages than the average guy! Money, tailor, upbringing, etc... I also love the pic w/his boys:) my hubby wears a suit to work and I still get that catch in my throat when he kisses me goodbye. But, he is just as handsome in jeans & a t. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! Well groomed men in suits are hot. Even more so if they are Italian.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love him for his organics, his thyme walk at Highgrove and for his railings against brutalist architecture. Nothing beats a properly tailored suit, I don't care how good the off the rack ones are. And he know what colours suit him (lighter and navy), and his clothes just fit so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go the kilt!!

    I just love those last two photos of him.. The b&w with his gorgeous boys just proves he is looking better with age.. and the last photo is so sweet.. the human touch!!! Yes I do believe a man looks better in a well cut suit!! xx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jeanne,
    I love this post, as I think that Prince Charles gets a lot of stick, and he does work pretty hard on a day to day basis and for his charities. I think that his style of dress just proves that a well made suit in quality material is the way to go.
    Big up for Charlie !!!!
    Oh, and I think that the photos with William and Harry are fantastic and really show the sensitive side and the father within.XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jeanne,
    I love the way an Englishman is dressed! So distinctive and stylish!
    Pretty pictures of Prince Charles!!
    xx
    Greet
    PS Thank you so much for stopping by the other day!!! I really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know - I never ever EVER considered Prince Charles for his dress sense - but now you mention it!!! Love the kilt too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prince Charles has certainly aged well - into a very attractive man. And he dresses beautifully. Was always sorry Diana grabbed him away before I had a chance at him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. MOTH hasn't owned a suit in 15 years. He occasionally throws on a tux for a formal event, but then spends the whole night whingeing about how uncomfortable he is. I've just had to accept that he's a Tradie & shorts & Blundstones are his kit, but I do miss seeing him suited up. I think HRH Prince Charles has dressed as an old man since he was a toddler. Would love to see him in something groovier/edgier.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well over a year late, I stumbled upon this post. You know, Prince Charles is hot! Aging beautifully, and that photo with the boys takes ones breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You gotta love the royal family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts