Women's Stories

Do you think about your story? 

Your past, the present, where you have been, 
where you are going, your hopes for the future? 

I ask because today I heard many stories...
women's stories and I found them fascinating.

I belong to a Friday walking/hiking group. This morning 30 of us set off to see the beautiful English countryside. We rotated back and forth, talking with one than another, taking it all in stride. Some people have been a part of this group for years and there are others, like myself, who are just joining in.  We are alike in that our home countries are somewhere else. We are expats calling England our home. For some of us it will be a blip on the radar screen of life, it will pass quickly. For others, it will register in a fuller sense and for some it will become the land they call home.  Each story is as unique as the individual.  The questions flow one after another. We talk about our experiences and before you know it 2 hours have passed and we have walked 6 miles. It was refreshing.


As I drove away today I thought back on our conversations. I enjoyed them all.  I then started to think of my friends spread out around the world and the stories of their lives. This thought led me to the friendships I have so enjoyed in the blogging world and the stories that unfold with each post. 


Whether verbal or written we are all telling the story of our lives. It comes in bits and pieces in all shapes and forms. The story is not always happy, often times their is heartache but the story is ours. It is in the fabric of our lives. 

Ok, I am going to stop there. 
I feel passionate about this and could go on forever about it! 


It is Friday...time for rest :)


On that note, this is where my story began today..... 






Wishing you all a big, beautiful weekend!
PS...to start your weekend, 


go to Happiness Moments , scroll to the bottom of the post 
and view the film clip to Something's Gotta Give...great music!


More Stories....
Collage of Life~one woman's view
In One Place~thinking about a creative life
Finding My Waydiscovering England
B-Well Reportwellness





Comments

  1. What a gorgeous place to walk! This sounds like a wonderful group of women that make time to walk, share and enjoy one another. Honestly...I purchased another pedometer today...Oh yes I did! I'll report back-but so far so good!
    Hmmm- tonight is one of those Something's Gotta Give nights- I think we must know this line for line. Have a great evening Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in those pics are so bright! This time I miss England. Nothing beats the great flowers and the green of the fields. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to walk with a group like that Jeanne. Here the hiking groups are charming but are mostly for the over 70's and I'm just not ready for that yet. I have a girlfriend who moved out to Hong Kong and her weekly walking group is her favourite activity of the week.
    Have a great weekend
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne - this was such an interesting post - what fabulous stories you must have to share! I fear the bluebells will be over by the time I return so thanks for sharing them - I can enjoy via your beautiful photos...where did you go by the way? I'm intrigued to know where you can walk on a path through the bluebells?! Happy weekend....x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely walk. The scenery alone is enough to bring peace and calm. Envy your group. It's so nice to have a group where you belong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just loved this post, so personal and yet so universal. All women can relate to this, you know. A lot of talk maybe sometime gossip but it's healthy. A communion of sorts. Glad for you, Jeanne.

    Have a lovely weekend full of love.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would so enjoy meeting up with a group like this but I would have to have the scenery you enjoyed this morning!! Seriously, women time is so important and should make up a big part of our 'adult time'. I'm rather shy, so it takes me a long time to make friends and participate in groups, but I am always saying I should.

    I'm off to see the video!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an interesting post. I just adored the photo's of your walk, they look like picture postcards.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous post - I love the words and your photos are wonderful! They get better all the time. I'm going back to look at those photos some more! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to belong to a group that walked around the Sydney Harbour foreshore. I'm not sure what was most enjoyable - the beautiful views and exercise or hearing about every one's lives! It's so easy to forget that even the most ordinary looking life is interesting. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeanne the colours of your walk look and sound magnificent in every way. Hmm - let's hear more of that subject you're so passionate about. This Virgo's right in there with you on the fabric of women's lives...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts