The 'M' Word




The 'M' Word

Last week while driving thru the English Lake District, 
I got to thinking.... 
as you do when you are driving for hours on end. 

My thoughts started with muffin, muffin top to be exact. 
I thought if I wasn't careful what once was mini would soon be large. 

I know some of you out there will know exactly what I am referring to. 
This thought of course then rolled onto the most dreaded 'M' word of all....
menopause. 

It is to early in the morning to continue along this train of thought 
but then I thought of mother and foolishly blurted out to all 
that we should play the 'M' game.  
Everyone was to list all the 'M' words they associate with mother.  

Are you ready?

From 10 year old son Connor 
maid, mental, mischievous and mistress (?..yes, I know)

From 16 year old daughter Miss Claire
: mayhem, money, mischievouss, misleading, moving, madness

From 19 year old Miss Tine 
silence...she is no fool.

My 20 year old son will read this post and be thankful 
that he was missing in action on this one.

From Mr. H
  magical, marvelous, merchant, moonlit, majestic

My questions:

Are son and daughter mischievous and mother is totally mystified?

Are they on to me and know that deep down mother is indeed most mischievous?

What does Miss Tine really think?

Was Mr H thinking of said mother or the view of the majestic countryside?

Last one from me...
MATRIARCH


Graphics


Comments

  1. Matriarch is right! And you are marvelous, magical and mischievous. That goes without saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and not one of them said... "Muffin top". I have always enjoyed you and now I am very taken with your wonderful family. I think you are Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne - what interesting games you play on your trips!!!! This made me laugh - the 'dreaded' M word is high on my list of things to think about these days but I much prefer Mr H's selection! Hope you are having a happy week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son thought of another this morning...majesty, now that is more like it!

    Thanks Angie and Debra for you kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed at mistress - where did THAT come from?? Only a 16 year old girl would come up with some of those for mother. And THANK GOODNESS for Mr. H., because you really are magical and marvelous! Well done, Mr. H, well done!
    Best,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie....I think I am going to have to blame English cooking for the appearance of the 'M' word. Says she who just returned from food shopping at Marks and Spencer!

    Stephanie.....I thought the same thing. I call it fourth child syndrome. This is when the older children constantly remind you that they were never allowed to watch or do the same at the same age. Time to take a closer look at some of our family movies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Jeanne,

    I've been AWOL lately, so just played catch-up here.

    Love, love this post and the game you invented. (I think Mr. H is definitely a keeper btw.)

    Very clever, cultivated children -- a "C" game.

    You are definitely marvelous, I see Debra agrees, hmmm, let me see, what else: magnanimous, multi-talented (I know that's cheating), magnetic -- I'll get back to you.

    xo, Tish

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too like Mr H's 'M' words too - very nice... What I don't like are the 'HF' (Hot Flash) words associated with one of your M words!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right now I'm thinking "Mocha Latte" :) great game!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww... Looks like u guys had a 'Memorable' trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the little Darlings (& Mr. H) forget that most important of M/Mother words - MARTYR!!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool idea!

    no one came out with monster, which is a good thing! (my boys would have played that card!!)

    jx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny you should mention that Jules...I had that on my list too, it came right after menopause...I think menopause = monster. At least, that is what I have been saying for the last 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're on to you alright!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mammamia what a wonderful post!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts