Louis Vuitton Journeys

Every time I see a new Louis Vuitton campaign I think ....how wonderful. The photography, the characters, the details.. each and every one is so captivating. I came across an advertisement in the International Herald Tribune yesterday and it stopped me in my tracks. 
I quickly parked myself in front of my computer and followed the link: www.louisvuittonjourneys.com and was mesmerised by a film clip of Annie Leibovitz and Mikhail Baryshnikov entitled 'Journey of a Star, Captured in a Flash'. To me, Annie is a photographer to love. I have been collecting books of her work for years and thoroughly enjoy them. If you are a fan of Annie's than have a look at this clip. There is lots more so be sure to set aside some time to take it all in.


Louis Vuitton campaigns photographed by Annie Leibovitz








Do I own a Louis Vuitton bag?  No. 
Do I want to own a Louis Vuitton bag?
You betcha! 
The one next to Annie in the top image 
and the one next to Mr. Coppolla
would suit me to a 'T'. 

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!
Jeanne

Images: 
1st source, 2nd source, 3rd source
4th source, 5th source, 6th source

Comments

  1. I have always loved their camapaigns / ads - did not realise that Annie L. was the photographer - no wonder! Particularly love the 2nd photograph...Got to say Mikhail B looking fab still! Great weekend to you too. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous post, Jeanne. The photographs leap off the page don't they? Thanks for sharing such a great visual feast. I always love visiting you....it's fun here and you don't expect me to make you a grilled cheese sandwich in return (that's the kid's currency at present). Meredy xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne, what a fabulous post, those photos are stunning, when I have a mo, I am going to follow the link.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an iconic brand - I still love their original design & sometimes dream about a whole set of gorgeous luggage (but that will have to wait until I'm planning a trip that doesn't involve careless baggage handlers!) Happy weekend, Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep - you can't get past a Vuitton - especially when it's shown like that!! Love the first and last shots especially... Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw the most gorgeous bag yesterday - the color was divine! I love this ad campaign too! Fabulous post.
    Best,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful campaign, Jeanne and stunning photography.
    I am going to say something now that will probably lose me many followers and friends !!! wait for it ..... I don't like Loius Vuitton bags !!!!!!!!!! I can now hear all of blogland taking a sharp intake of breath and spitting and hissing in my direction !!
    Sorry, but to me they look plastic, cheap and for the mass market. Not so much the luggage.I could live with a piece of that.Just. Oh dear, please come over to my blog and comment still.
    It's just that I would much rather have a soft, buttery black or brown leather handbag, made by some independent maker and I won't see other people with exactly the same bag as me.
    There, I have said my piece and I will now get off of my soapbox.!!!!
    I hope that I don't get hate mail now. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. While in Paris over 10 years ago, I searched and searched for the flagship LV store. Couldn't find it. Then, I saw a tourist with an LV shopping bag and I asked where the store was. It was right behind my hotel! I did buy one and it is still in great condition. It was about $500 and today, I am sure would be double.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeanne darling thanks so much for visiting me regularly and for the sweet and caring comments you leave behind. I treasure our friendship and wanted to wish you a lovely weekend and a love filled Valentine’s Day.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi.....glad you found my site. and me yours. the vuitton ads have always been beautiful, and this latest with is stunning...just saw it last night in the latest vanity fair. (i was really struck by mikhail's incredible feet!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts